Volunteer Board Treasurer
- YouQuest Young Onset Dementia Association
- Calgary Alberta
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
Over 1,100 Calgarians under the age of 65 are living with young-onset dementia. Emerging as early as age 40 or 50, a young-onset dementia diagnosis ends careers and completely changes the trajectory of the lives for the individuals diagnosed as well as their families. YouQuest is Calgary's first wellness community dedicated to people living with young-onset dementia. YouQuest’s focus is to foster peer relationships and empower people to live fully while giving care partners a much-needed break. YouQuest has been in operation and steadily growing since 2018.
YouQuest is seeking a volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Directors creating an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience as a Board member. The Treasurer has the overall accountability for financial management. Key responsibilities include attending and participating in board meetings (4-5 annually), lead the Finance and Audit Committee review of the annual operating budget in consultation with Executive Director, review quarterly financial statements as presented to the Board by the Executive Director, regular review of accounting controls and management compliance to these controls, facilitating the annual review of financial statements, act as liaison with the external accounting firm as required, and acting as a signing authority.
Key qualifications include:
- Background in Accounting and Finance
- Basic understanding and/or willingness to develop knowledge around financial accounting for non-profit organizations
- Preference given to applicant who has completed, is enrolled in or interested in the CPA Not-for-Profit accreditation
- Experience working closely with a volunteer team and with non-profit boards an asset, but not required
- Ability to work at the strategic level, setting the financial direction and financial goals for the organization
- Experience developing and managing annual budgets
- Ability to manage cashflow, oversee financial transactions, monitor and enforce financial controls and ensure compliance with regular reporting requirements, remittances, etc.
- A responsible, reliable individual who takes initiative and has a growth mindset
- Must be currently based in Calgary or immediate area.
To learn more about YouQuest, check out our website www.youquest.ca. You will also find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram under the username YouQuestCalgary.