Senior Manager, Finance
Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the Senior Manager, Finance will play a key role in establishing business processes, facilitating the application of new technologies, and overseeing all aspects of the accounting department including financial operations, reporting and analysis, and budgeting.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a self-motivated, ambitious, and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a career in a fast-growing company.
Within the scope of this position, the Senior Manager, Financial takes on a key role to model and drive the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
We are seeking a results-oriented individual with a strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. You will provide exceptional day to day leadership to the professional staff focused on financial processing and analytics. You are passionate about quality and are a proven leader and a strong communicator.
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of existing business processes, methods, and tools. Present findings and recommendations to finance leadership team
- Review financial statements and other reports prepared by the finance team
- Partner with site leadership to review financial statements and discuss areas for improvement
- Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements and GST filings
- Ensure accuracy of information to external auditors and to other external parties as required
- Review operating and capital budgets and forecasting
- Review of internal controls ‐ Assess areas for improvement to increase efficiencies and decrease risk
- Support special projects for financial operations
- Manage staff in the finance department, including training; planning and delegation; and managing performance.
- Define and develop key performance indicators for financial and operational performance
- Perform other duties as identified
- Contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives
- Leverage best practices, industry standards, methodologies, and frameworks to define and execute on the organization’s vision and strategy
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting / Finance Management or a related field is required
- CPA Designation is required
- Ten (10) years of finance / accounting experience, with a focus on financial analysis and five (5) years of people management experience
- Experience in Workday is considered an asset
- Strong leadership, management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must possess the ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions in the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing, and completing projects
- Strong technical research, solid analytical ability, and the capability to effectively evaluate and implement solutions to cash management issues
- In depth knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of Workday would be considered an asset
- Ability to manage work, lead a work stream, and mentor junior team members
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks/deadlines within a fast-paced environment and with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy with highly confidential data