Morrison Homes is a large volume homebuilder with a rich 61-year legacy of building quality homes and enduring relationships. Awarded the CHBA-Calgary’s Builder of the Year 15 times and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in setting industry standards of excellence. We foster a positive, fun and supportive team environment as we live Morrison’s promise of being The Homebuyer’s Best Friend™.
Morrison Homes is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Balance Sheet month-end reconciliations and journal entries
- Recording Cost of Sales entries
- Monthly financial reporting for both internal & external stakeholders
- Budget to Actual expense variance reporting
- Assist in budget preparation
- Assist in yearly audit
- Fixed Asset tracking & review
- Insurance reporting
- Cross-train with other positions in department
- Other duties and projects as required
- Designated or working towards a CPA designation
- 3+ years’ work experience in full cycle accounting
- Post-secondary education with a major in Accounting
- Good communication & organization skills
- Ability to multi-task & work as part of a team
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with accounting software required, Sage 300 CRE is considered an asset, but not required
- Previous Construction Industry experience considered an asset
- Positive & ambitious attitude to learn
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter (with your key attributes and your relevant experience) in confidence.
We operate in an environment of teamwork that is empowering and positive.
If you are the person we are looking for, please submit your resume in confidence by September 30, 2022.
Attention: Human Resources