Manager of Treasury Operations
The City of Camrose is seeking an experienced Manager of Treasury Operations to join our Financial Services department. Reporting to the General Manager of Financial Services, this position will be responsible for managing the internal treasury function for the City.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Supervise, support and lead seven staff within Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Utilities, Cash Receipting, Property Taxes and City Hall Reception.
- Administer and provide support to users of numerous financial systems and related software including the financial system (Serenic), Moneris systems, P-card solutions, online banking solution (ATB), bulk water system and others.
- Participate and/or lead process improvement projects within the Treasury area or within the City.
- Administer and provide oversight relating to cash management, investment activities, borrowing and banking activities.
- Administer and coordinate local improvement projects together with engineering staff and property tax staff.
- Participate in annual audit financial reviews and planning, preparation or review of year-end audit working papers, and work closely with auditors when working on-site.
- Ensure compliance regarding Public Sector Accounting Standards, Financial Policies and Procedures established by Council, applicable CRA rules and regulations (GST, donation receipting, and expense reimbursement) and the Municipal Government Act pertaining to the Treasury work area.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Commerce.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting and/or auditing and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory responsibility. Significant knowledge and experience using financial accounting systems.
- Strong computer skills using financial accounting systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to evaluate, investigate, and interpret information related to budgets, plans, and forecasts.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people, including senior management, private and public officials, business and community leaders, advisory boards, staff and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to work concurrently on multiple, often competing, tasks and strict deadlines.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and current resume via e-mail or to the address below by October 12, 2022. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose - Attention: General Manager of Financial Services
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.4426 | F: 780.672.2469 | E: email@example.com | W: www.camrose.ca