Senior Tax Accountant
Yates Whitaker LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a small boutique firm filled with a team of enthusiastic and entrepreneurial individuals. We are located in the heart of Old Strathcona, have been in business for over 27 years and we continuously strive to grow the firm through expansion of departments/niches. We are dedicated to and knowledgeable in our specialty areas and we pride ourselves on being focused on our clients and our staff.
We are a firm with 3 Partners, 2 Principals and just over 35 staff. We value our staff and the work they do, while giving them opportunities for career growth along the way. All of this, while we continue to ensure that the best needs of our clients are being met through the Individual, Business and Not for Profit services we offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will work with our Tax Principal and Tax Manager. We are looking for someone who would like to enroll in or is already enrolled in the In-Depth Tax program. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial minded with the ability to take initiative, while continuing to grow and develop their knowledge in taxation.
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic, friendly and driven individual, then this might just be the opportunity you are looking for.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing personal, corporate and trust tax returns
- Completing technical work for review by the Manager or Principal
- Researching and staying current on any new tax legislation or changes to it
- Understanding GST and applying the concept to file work
- Building internal and external client relationships
- Corresponding with CRA and following up as needed
- Other tasks as they arise
The Skills you should have or be willing to acquire:
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Interest in enrolling or current enrollment in the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax program
- 0 to 2 years of experience in taxation (personal, corporate and trust tax returns)
- Exceptional communication, time management and relationship building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel, Profile and CaseWare
- Knowledge of taxation software would be an asset
At Yates Whitaker LLP, we offer competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, benefits, matching RRSP contributions and more.
If you are interested in joining our fast paced, energetic environment, please submit your cover letter (stating your salary expectations) and resume (as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you do not phone us at this time, but please feel free to check us out at www.yateswhitaker.ca. We will continue to recruit for this position until we find a suitable candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Yates Whitaker LLP Chartered Professional Accountants. We hope to meet you soon!