Senior Financial Analyst
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: 3203 93rd Street NW, Edmonton
Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single-family and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Controller, as the Senior Financial Analyst you will manage, compile and audit financial data to support decision-making on financial plans, project performance and cash flow management.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and providing support to other team members, while promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Managing financial data integrity, compiling and auditing worksheets, and preparing reports.
- Supporting the development and preparation of regular joint venture reports to investment partners.
- Developing professional relationships with external investors allowing for a Finance/Accounting alternative contact for all ad hoc requests for information.
- Assisting in the development of proformas and other financial models for audit and verification purposes.
- Assisting in the annual cost-to-complete process. Monitoring and analyzing project performance variances.
- Collaborating with the Development team to prepare, analyze and assess project budgets and forecasts.
- Supporting the analyses, forecasting and reporting of cash flow management, including cash calls and distributions with joint venture partners.
- Forecasting and administering recoveries on over expenditures. Preparing consolidated reports for operating and asset status.
- Obtaining and administering Letters of Credit for development projects. Ensuring compliance with loan terms and conditions.
- Supporting and promoting continuing improvement of analytical tools, financial models, methods, reports and processes.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A creative thinker; you identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities to improve performance and productivity.
- A leader; you develop or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience with a minimum 1 year of experience in financial analysis.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with experience in building new modeling is required.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience within the Land Development industry is preferred.
- Working towards a CPA Accounting designation is an asset.
- Previous experience in an accounting role within the construction or homebuilding industry is an asset.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Qualico welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 10, 2022