Assistant Regional Controller
Title: Assistant Regional Controller
Location: 3203 93rd Street NW, Edmonton
Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single-family and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, as the Assistant Regional Controller you will provide financial and accounting services, advice and expertise. You assist the Controller with leading the Accounting team and supporting daily activities and other projects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements within the builder groups, ensuring regulatory guidelines are followed. Identifying and preventing discrepancies in financial statements.
- Supporting the formulation of internal controls and procedures, ensuring ongoing compliance with legislation and best practices.
- Preparing annual consolidated financial plans and reviewing budgets and forecasts. Assisting in reviewing audit details as required.
- Managing the implementation of special projects and initiatives, including system changes and process improvements.
- Providing practical advice and insights to Controller and Executives as required.
- Leading, supervising, developing and providing guidance to Accounting team members.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A creative thinker; you identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities to improve performance and productivity.
- A leader; you develop or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
- CPA Accounting designation.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with either cost accounting or financial accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory accounting role.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint) and accounting software (i.e., NewStar).
- Experience working in Real Estate Development industry and familiarity working within a structure of multiple enterprises, corporations, joint ventures and partnerships is preferred.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Work outside of normal business hours may be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Qualico welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 11, 2022