The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. At PCL, your ambition will be rewarded in more ways than one. In our culture of ownership, accomplishments are shared – and celebrated – by everyone!
Here's how an Accountant for our Calgary office contributes to our team:
- Owns the full cycle accounting process, including preparation of monthly billings, ledger reconciliations, cash flow management, profit recognition and project reporting.
- Meaningfully participates in monthly forecast review meetings with project teams.
- Assembles information for internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Identifies any irregularities or risk exposure and supports the development of a strategy to address them.
- Performs general accounting and department functions to meet contractual and various reporting requirements including monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- Supervises, mentors and coaches entry level accounting staff.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Active pursuit of an accounting designation is considered an asset.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience in construction or a related industry preferred.
- Advanced understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate activities and prioritize competing demands to deliver a quality product.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!