- Werklund Family Office
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Banking & Financial Services, Finance
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
Do you have an interest in working for a company with a strong passion for philanthropy, community investment and team-based success?
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the Werklund Family Office (“WFO”) working with a professional team in this small, fast-paced office.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration, this new position encompasses a variety of responsibilities for multiple entities to contribute to the efficiency of WFO.
- Financial reporting for various corporations, non-profits and trusts
- Preparation of working papers, financial statements, and Board presentations
- Recording of investment activity for public portfolios in the general ledger
- Treasury function including cash positions, payments, ad hoc wire/EFT processing
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Follow up with vendors and investigate queries as needed
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations[SM1]
- Preparation of quarterly and annual GST returns/CRA compliance
- Other ad hoc reporting as required
Experience and background:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, Accounting Certificate or Business Degree
- Work experience 3-5 years, investment management industry preferred
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to deliver high-quality results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft Business Central or Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset
- Legally able to work in Canada
This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply by submitting an application or by emailing your resume to email@example.com by October 17, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.