- Werklund Family Office
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Banking & Financial Services, Finance
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
Do you have an interest in working for a company with a strong passion for philanthropy, community investment and team-based success?
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the Werklund Family Office (“WFO”) working with a professional team in this small, fast-paced office.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration, this new position encompasses a variety of responsibilities for multiple entities to contribute to the efficiency of WFO.
- Financial reporting for various corporations, non-profits and trusts
- Preparation of working papers, financial statements, and Board presentations
- Recording of investment activity for public portfolios in the general ledger
- Treasury function including cash positions, payments, ad hoc wire/EFT processing
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Follow up with vendors and investigate queries as needed
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations[SM1]
- Preparation of quarterly and annual GST returns/CRA compliance
- Other ad hoc reporting as required
Experience and background:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, Accounting Certificate or Business Degree
- Work experience 3-5 years, investment management industry preferred
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to deliver high-quality results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft Business Central or Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset
- Legally able to work in Canada
This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply by submitting an application or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Director, Professional Development and Learning
Assistant Controller - Treasury
City of Spruce Grove
Yates Whitaker LLP Chartered Professional Accountants
Tim Schaufele Professional Corporation
LMSPC Chartered Professional Accountants