The Town of Peace River is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented individual to lead our finance team in the permanent, full-time role of Finance Manager.
Under the guidance of the Director of Corporate Services, the Finance Manager leads a team of four within the Finance Department and is responsible for all facets of finance and accounting; including the preparation of budgets, financial statements and reports, investments, grant management and reporting, projects and cost control management.
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Must possess CGA, CMA or CA designation.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in Financial Management.
- Minimum 10 years' working experience in accounting required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that promote mutually beneficial, respectful and professional relationships.
- Ability to write concise reports to various audiences.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Works well with others and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Highly effective project management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to multi-tasking, time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Certificate in Local Government
- Experience with Central Square, Caseware and Questica software.
Full Time, Permanent Employment
37.5 hours per week
More search results
Program Manager, Financial Services (ID: 45183)
City of Edmonton
Finance Manager, Business Financial Analytics
City of Edmonton
Community Services Financial Analyst
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Senior Accountant - Infrastructure & Planning
City of Fort Saskatchewan
Manager, Financial Analysis
Capital Power - 353284