Financial Analyst, Client Payments Taxation
Financial Analyst, ClienPayments and Taxtion
What you’re passionate about
No puzzle is too puzzling; you like finding lost pieces and are thrilled to place the very last one! You enjoy digging into the “why” to find root cause and helping others understand what you found. A creative thinker, you use past experiences to spot anomalies and devise ways to solve new problems. Ensuring thousands of people who have worked to serve other Albertans receive timely and accurate payments gives you a profound sense of pride.
A typical day for the Financial Analyst in the Client Payments & Taxation team
· Verify updates to payroll information for accuracy, compliance and system requirements to ensure pensioners, beneficiaries or former members receive correct and timely payments.
· Verify periodic payment runs for completeness and compliance and provide relevant data to support subsequent funding, reconciliation and trending processes.
· Investigate issues, communicate findings, work collaboratively to develop solutions.
· Research and application of the correct tax treatment for non-resident payees in treaty and non-treaty countries with consideration of unique individual arrangements with CRA.
· Verification and reconciliation of overpayments and subsequent recovery with recognition of various tax implications and application of the appropriate processes for each unique scenario.
· Reconcile and produce amended or cancelled tax slips and communicate with CRA for issue management.
· Reconciliation of overpayment receivables and production of quarterly reporting information including updates to the allowance for accounts deemed uncollectible.
· Reconciliation of tax deductions to remittances and CRA/Revenu Quebec records in continuous preparation for the annual production of tax slips and summaries with timely filing to CRA and Revenue Quebec.
· Reconciliation of member personal buyback purchases with research and problem solving of issues allowing for the tax implications of the various choices.
· Liaise with internal and external auditors for tax reviews.
· Review systems and processes for innovative improvements.
What you bring
· University degree in Finance or Accounting area with at least 4 years of experience
· Professional accounting designation (CPA) or in-depth tax course in progress or completed
· Significant experience in combination with other education will be considered
· Strong computer skills: advanced excel knowledge, general ledger applications, Word and PowerPoint
· Accounting knowledge and understanding of pension terms and procedures
· Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and Canadian Income Tax Act (ITA) is required
· Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
· Exceptional organization and time management skills
· Strong analytical and data gathering skills
Why choose APS
APS is made up of hardworking, respectful and talented people who understand and invite diversity to the workplace. We take pride in holding ourselves accountable and continuing to meet or exceed service levels for plan members, pensioners and employers. We ensure they receive quality services because they—along with our people—are the reason we endure and succeed.
And it sure feels good helping hard working Albertans receive their well-deserved pensions.
What APS has to offer
· Defined benefit pension plan
· Flexible work arrangements that make sense to you: work from home, compressed work weeks, relocation and more
· Community-minded workplace with a friendly team environment
· Vacation starting at 15 days per year, 13 statutory holidays, personal days, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
· Competitive benefit package featuring extended health and dental benefits and a 100% employer-paid flexible spending account
· In-house training programs, extensive career development and coaching program, access to LinkedIn Learning tracks
Discount programs through various partner agencies
More search results
Director, Financial Reporting and Accounting
Information Services Corporation
Director, Transactional Services & Customer Finan…
UFA Co-operative Limited
Chief Executive Officer
Winnipeg Civic Employees’ Benefits Program
Senior Financial Analyst
Town of Stony Plain
You're Invited to Join a Committee of Silvera's B…
Silvera for Seniors