The Town of Vegreville has an opening for an energetic, self-motivated Finance Manager. The Town of Vegreville is a progressive community with a population of approximately 5,700, located in East Central Alberta approximately one hour east of the City of Edmonton.
Under the direction of the Corporate Services Director, the Finance Manager is a respected member of an effective working team, dedicated to maintaining a good working relationship with management and staff in all departments.
• Professional Accounting Designation (CPA or equivalent) is required.
• A minimum of three to five years of supervisory, budget, and financial reporting experience is required. Municipal experience, while not mandatory, would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of PSAB Accounting Standards and the Municipal Government Act.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Diamond Software, Questica Budgeting software and Microsoft Suite of products would be an asset.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; capable of dealing effectively with Town Council, staff, and the general public.
• A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Town of Vegreville and related bodies and related financial presentations to Council.
• Preparation and maintenance of monthly financial reporting packages.
• Ensure all internal and external financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
• Preparation of annual working paper file and draft consolidated financial statements, including relevant note disclosures for external auditors.
• Any required grant applications and subsequent grant reporting.
• Administers the Town’s payroll and all required payroll reporting.
• Assist with development and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets; calculation of mill rates; and related financial presentations to Council.
• Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of all financial policies and internal controls of and for the Town of Vegreville.
• Manage the daily operations of the Finance office, stressing the importance of teamwork, and ensuring the overall efficiency of the services provided by the team as a whole.
• Supervision and training of administrative staff in all areas of the Finance office including taxation and assessment; accounts payable; accounts receivable; utilities; and payroll.
• Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of the Finance office services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken.
• Respond to customer concerns using tact and understanding.
A comprehensive employee benefit package is available.
To apply to this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you to all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.