Senior Financial Analyst
PurposeMed was founded in 2020 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown to over 150 team members in two years, serving hundreds of patients each month, and are continuing to grow rapidly.
Our first brand, Freddie, is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second brand, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment.
We are a C100 Fellow, a member of the Lazaridis Institute, and a certified Great Place to Work® (92% of our employees agree)! Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Who we hope to find:
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with various cross-functional teams to gain an understanding of the business and prepare analysis and reporting to support both the Finance and Pharmacy Operations functions. This includes producing financial and operations reporting, participating in and establishing new month-end close processes, validating financial results, preparing management reports and establishing internal processes and controls. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a proactive finance business partner for the Pharmacy division, driving value-added financial analysis and providing insight and recommendations to support the leadership team. Over time, this role will take on more revenue modeling and forecasting responsibility within the Finance and Strategy departments. This role will play an integral role in supporting the ongoing development of business insights, process improvements, system enhancements and improved analytics.
If you are passionate about mental health and working with a value-aligned team, we’d love to talk to you. This is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
Please note that this is a full-time, hybrid position based in Calgary, AB. The successful candidate will be expected to work occasionally from our Calgary office and pharmacy location.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by contributing to:
- Prepare month-end, quarterly and ad hoc financial reporting
- Analyze revenues, COGS and operating expenses
- Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed for monthly, quarterly and annual requirements
- Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and reconciliations
- Investigate financial reporting inconsistencies for root cause including determining and implementing proper corrective action
- Other accounting administrative tasks as required, including but not limited to preparing bank, inventory, prepaid, and other account reconciliations and working papers
Analytics & Reporting
- Develop and generate operational reporting and analysis of results
- Create and maintain financial dashboards with real-time access to information
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports and consolidated financial statements
- Perform variance and trend analysis
- Support Finance and Strategy teams with forecasting and budgeting:
- Update and maintain short and long-term corporate models that forecast future cash flow performance and monitor key metrics used for strategic decision-making
- Coordinate and verify forecasting model assumptions with inputs from relevant departments
- Manage and prepare corporate and business unit budgets
- Assist with analytical support in various areas of the company
- Prepare detailed financial analysis, management reporting and communication materials for management
- Support the development of new financial reporting and analytics to drive transparency and business insights
- Complete ad hoc analysis, projects and initiatives
- Drive continuous process improvement in operational planning, forecasting and financial analysis
Processes & Systems
- Design and implement internal general and accounting controls
- Ensure process documentation is accurate and up to date
- Assist with the implementation of accounting projects, including but not limited to software optimization and ERP system implementations
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand their financial and operational information needs to design enhanced reporting and analysis that supports their decision-making requirements to better manage the business
We need someone who has:
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) with 4+ years accounting experience, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Previous experience at an accounting firm is ideal
- Advanced MS Excel skills for reporting, forecasting and data analysis
- Experience working with a variety of accounting systems (QuickBooks and NetSuite exposure would be an asset)
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills (SQL experience would be an asset)
- Strong understanding of financial modeling (3 statement models, DCF, LBO, etc.) with experience interpreting and communicating financial and business information
- An ability to coordinate and collaborate across diverse business units
- Self-motivation and exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail with a strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are achieved
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- A high degree of adaptability and comfort working in a business environment that is dynamic and constantly changing
Do you think you could be our next Senior Financial Analyst for PurposeMed and Affirming Care Pharmacy? If so, we look forward to seeing your application come through!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition before.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQ2S+, disabled, HIV positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!