Senior Tax Manager
KBH CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS (KBH) is a leading Alberta-based Accounting and Advisory firm with offices in Edmonton and Provost. KBH offers a full range of services designed to meet the financial and consulting needs of our clients’ owner-managed businesses. As one of the top firms in the Edmonton market, we pride ourselves on living our Core Values of Service, Relationship Integrity, Efficiency and Innovation, and our core purpose “Helping People Succeed”. Come and join our fast paced, energetic, and fun-filled environment!
We are currently looking for a permanent full time Senior Tax Manager for our Edmonton office. This role is perfect for an experienced CPA who has completed the In-Depth Tax Program and is a self-motivated and positive individual with the ability to share and apply tax knowledge.
This successful candidate will:
- Work with 12 partners, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Lead presentation to partners, staff, clients, and potential clients
- Be a creative tax planner who is proactive in identifying opportunities
- Research tax changes and Government programs
- Be able to apply tax knowledge to a diverse client group in various industries, including farming, oil & gas service, real estate, investment holding companies, manufacturing, professional corporations, restaurants, construction, retail, wholesale, and more
- Participate in the growth and development of our tax department
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to mentor and inspire others
- Manage your workload while assisting others
- Have a general knowledge of U.S./Canadian cross border tax issues
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist staff with preparation of personal tax returns, review of returns, including estate returns
- Personal income tax planning, including strategies associated with large transactions
- Preparation and review of trust income tax and benefit returns
- Assist with preparation of corporate income tax returns, review of returns, including related and associated corporate groups, specified corporate income, specified partnership income, etc.
- Corporate income tax planning including corporate reorganizations, sale of a business, succession planning, matrimonial issues, etc.
- Software updates and testing
- Leading firm related initiatives and/or projects, including data mining for opportunities
- Responses to Canada Revenue Agency requests, including appeals
- An in-depth knowledge of GST
The successful candidate must have:
- Completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Program
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience within taxation
- The ability to take initiative and tackle challenges
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring teams
- Proficiency in taxation software, MS Excel & Word, Caseware
- Exceptional relationship building, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Looking for the Right Fit? Then start with the Right Firm. KBH offers a challenging and rewarding experience, excellent compensation & benefits, Fridays off in the summer and much more. If you are interested in our firm and this position, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.