LandSolutions is looking to hire a fulltime Controller to work in our Calgary head office and remotely.
We are looking for individuals that can leverage their entrepreneurial spirit to support our growth and expansion plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to join LandSolutions to become a part of our exceptional culture. As a member of our team, we provide a competitive salary and benefits, a flexible work environment, and enhanced learning opportunities for your career development.
The Controller reports to the President and plays a key senior role leading the finance division of our rapidly growing organization. You will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all operational accounting functions and will add value and gain efficiencies through continual improvements. This senior leadership role will manage both our Canadian and US finance divisions, including payroll.
- Manage cash flow forecast
- Process weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecast
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for leadership team and advisory board
- Lead month-end and ensure all the invoices are processed and work closely with the operations and finance team to resolve issues as they arise
- Lead annual year-end with external accountants
- Prepare management and discussion analysis on a quarterly basis
- Process EFTs
- Monitor accounts payable and receivables including collections
- Prepare GST/PST returns and ensure that payments are made on time and returns are filed before their deadlines
- Issue monthly dividends
- Prepare and process corporate tax installments and balances with CRA and IRS
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll runs for over 120 employees
- Prepare ROEs and handle all the Service Canada requests for past or current employees
- Handle employees' issues as they relate to payroll, to include special payroll runs for terminated employees
- Prepare and submit US and Canadian payroll
- Prepare quarterly tax returns for US government as it relates to payroll to ensure compliance
- Lead annual employees' benefits renewals
- Review RFPs and work closely with insurance brokers to ensure coverage
- Manage company's credit cards
- Support the operations teams as needed. Example - filling out customers' portals to keep our records up to date, run division reports and prepare analysis to help them understand the Revenue and EBITDA trends
- Provide weekly scorecard to the operations team and provide analysis to show trends for utilization and collections
- Prepare quarterly reporting for the bank to ensure compliance
- Review and renew annual agreements before obtaining CEO approval
- Ensure all the corporate filings are completed
- Work closely with law team in USA and Canada to ensure legal compliance
- Prepare and reconcile all paperwork for the incoming and departing shareholders.
- Serve shareholders as needed and answer their queries
- Prepare Board financial reports and present them to the executive team on a quarterly basis
- Lead strategic initiatives such as: US Growth, Compliance, payroll and PSA initiatives
- Lead corporate restructuring
- Propose process improvements in Finance and Operations (as they relate to finance support)
- Maintain relationships with external parties stakeholders that are key to the business such as Bank, Accountants, Lawyers, and insurance brokers
- University degree and Chartered Accounting Designation (CPA or CMA)
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including 3 years of management role in a financial services or related environment
- Proven ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop a diverse accounting team
- Proven ability to add value by analyzing and improving operations, systems, and policies
- Proficient with simply accounting system, spreadsheet skills and analytical tools
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks, QuickBase, open invoice, and cortex
- Technical ability and willingness to learn new systems as required for the role
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to function independently while managing and developing strong working relationships across the organization with your personable communication style
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to manage changing priorities
LandSolutions is actively engaged in all areas of land access, including acquisition, consultation, management, and environmental services. We are supported by more than 140 employees, contractors, and are well-established throughout Canada and United States.
We are looking for more of the best and brightest to join our committed team. If you are passionate about starting a career with LandSolutions we want to hear from you!
LandSolutions Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all and our selection process is free from bias or discrimination. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, status, national origin, or disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.