We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Desire to live and work in a small community.
- Confidence in preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients, government agencies and staff.
- Prior experience preparing personal and corporate tax returns.
- Familiar with software including CaseWare, Profile, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to function efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Possesses a strong desire to learn and grow and can self-start and finish files.
- Public Practice Accounting experience: preferably in a small or mid-sized firm is considered an asset.
- Desire to integrate into a succession plan as a partner/owner in the future.
- Designated CPA or CPA Candidate;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Strong work ethic, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with Sage (Simply Accounting) and QuickBooks;
- Proficiency with CaseWare and Profile programs;
Job Type: Full-time
Pay and Benefits are commensurate with experience and knowledge. Expected work week would be 38-40 hours per week with a concentration of extra hours February to May.
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition and/or professional fee reimbursement
- Bonus on realized revenue from new clients brought in by the employee
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to William@carstairsaccounting.com. We will continue to recruit for the position until we find the right fit. However we would like to have that person start in January 2023.
More search results
Director, Financial Reporting and Accounting
Information Services Corporation
Director, Transactional Services & Customer Finan…
UFA Co-operative Limited
Chief Executive Officer
Winnipeg Civic Employees’ Benefits Program
Senior Financial Analyst
Town of Stony Plain
You're Invited to Join a Committee of Silvera's B…
Silvera for Seniors