We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Desire to live and work in a small community.
- Confidence in preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients, government agencies and staff.
- Prior experience preparing personal and corporate tax returns.
- Familiar with software including CaseWare, Profile, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to function efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Possesses a strong desire to learn and grow and can self-start and finish files.
- Public Practice Accounting experience: preferably in a small or mid-sized firm is considered an asset.
- Desire to integrate into a succession plan as a partner/owner in the future.
- Designated CPA or CPA Candidate;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Strong work ethic, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with Sage (Simply Accounting) and QuickBooks;
- Proficiency with CaseWare and Profile programs;
Job Type: Full-time
Pay and Benefits are commensurate with experience and knowledge. Expected work week would be 38-40 hours per week with a concentration of extra hours February to May.
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition and/or professional fee reimbursement
- Bonus on realized revenue from new clients brought in by the employee
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to William@carstairsaccounting.com. We will continue to recruit for the position until we find the right fit. However we would like to have that person start in January 2023.