Director of Finance
- Town of Millet
- Millet, AB
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE – TOWN OF MILLET
The Town of Millet is located on highway 2A between Leduc and Wetaskiwin. We have a population of 1, 890 residents. It is approximately a half hour drive from the south side of Edmonton.
Millet has everything to offer those who like the comfort of small town rural atmosphere, with easy access to full city service. The Town’s charm and friendly residents make Millet a community of choice. The parks, sports fields, trails and arena have helped make Millet a destination.
Under the direction of the CAO, the Director of Finance is a respected member of an effective working team, dedicated to maintaining a good working relationship with management and staff in all departments.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA or equivalent) is preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years of supervisory, budget, and financial reporting experience is preferred. Municipal experience, while not mandatory, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of PSAB Accounting Standards and the Municipal Government Act.
- Knowledge of Bellamy, caseware, and Microsoft Suite of products would be an asset.
- Experience in grant reporting and application of grants would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; capable of dealing effectively with Town Council, staff, and the general public.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Town of Millet and related bodies and related financial presentations to Council.
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly financial reporting packages for internal administration.
- Ensure all external financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met, such as GST, WCB, T4’s, LAPP, SIR, FIR.
- Preparation of annual working paper file and draft financial statements, including relevant note disclosures for external auditors.
- Any required grant applications and subsequent grant reporting, such as FCSS, MSI, and Fed Fuel.
- Administers the Town’s payroll and all required payroll reporting.
- Assist with development and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets; calculation of mill rates; and related financial presentations to Council.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of all financial policies and internal controls of and for the Town of Millet.
- Manage the daily operations of the Finance office, stressing the importance of teamwork, and ensuring the overall efficiency of the services provided by the team as a whole.
- Supervision and training of administrative staff in all areas of the Finance office including taxation and assessment; cash receipting; accounts payable; accounts receivable; utilities; and payroll.
- Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of the Finance office services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken.
- Respond to customer concerns using tact and understanding.
- Health Spending account
- Flex days off
- 100% employer paid dental and extended health benefits
- Regular office hours from 8:30 to 4:00
- ½ hour lunch break option
Application Deadline is November 25, 2022.
To apply to this position, email your resume and cover letter to Lisa Schoening at email@example.com. Thank you to all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.