Director of Accounting
Director of Accounting
“PBS is the fastest growing “All Inclusive Business Platform” vendor in North America and we’ve only just begun! “
We are changing the way people buy and service cars one dealership at a time. In business for over 30 years, PBS is the third largest DMS (Dealership Management System) provider to the North American retail automotive industry. Each month we welcome hundreds of new users to our software platform, and we need your help.
We are unique in the industry because we view our customers as business partners, technology innovators, and friends. Our software can run all aspects of an automotive dealership with sales, service, inventory management, and accounting modules.
We are seeking a financial leader with multi-faceted experience and entrepreneurial spirit to assist in the further growth of our international group of private companies. The successful candidate, reporting to the Corporate Controller, will ensure the appropriate policies, procedures, systems, and controls are developed and implemented to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. The Director of Accounting will oversee the PBS Accounting Team and will interact with customers, vendors, and organizations, and work closely with the Senior PBS management team.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Accounting / Finance Management
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and management team to develop and accomplish the financial goals and objectives of the group of companies.
- Provide leadership, suggestions and support to managers and other team members as required to ensure effective and efficient accounting and financial operations.
- Plan, direct and monitor all accounting operational functions, including coaching the team and appraising job results.
- Oversee asset inventory (equipment, material, other) including maintaining capital asset reconciliations and fixed asset activity.
- Direct and complete the month-end cycle and assist with year-end processes.
- Continually assess the financial operations, resolve issues, offer recommendations for efficiency, develop improvement plans, carry out corrective actions, and implement (including effective communication of) new methods and processes.
- Ensure adequate corporate insurance coverage is in place.
- Recruit, train and develop team staff as required.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Work closely with the Payroll, Purchasing and Building Administration teams
- Assist with other matters as deemed necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree, issued by an accredited institution, in Accounting or Finance.
- A CPA Designation
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive full-cycle accounting experience preferably in a high growth entrepreneurial private company.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive management and leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and direct experience with aspects such as financial statement development, management reporting, Canadian taxation requirements, compliance, month-end/year-end close processes, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, variance analysis, and reconciliation procedures.
- US taxation experience will be deemed an asset.
- Demonstrable “small business” administration experience with emphasis on strong leadership of small teams and strategic “big picture” planning.
- Technologically savvy including strong aptitude to work with various software programs and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs is a must.
- Full time, salary position, Calgary based.
- This is not a remote or hybrid position.
If you have a multi-faceted financial background, entrepreneurial spirit, and want to be a key leader in growing a business, this is an opportunity for you
No Agency referrals will be accepted
No Phone calls – only submissions via the CPA page will be considered