Senior Accountant, Public Accounting
AccessHR is pleased to partner with Transcend LLP in the recruitment of a Senior Accountant. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with clients and assisting with training and mentoring of lesser experienced members of the accounting team to ensure continued growth and success of the firm.
About Transcend LLP
Located in High River, Alberta, Transcend LLP is a full-service professional accounting firm serving the Southern Alberta Community, and beyond within a wide range of industries. We have been servicing the communities in which we live and work for over thirty years.
Our team helps develop solutions to plan, manage and control the growth of the business we support. Transcend places a high priority on client relationships, honesty, community integrity and a commitment to continual professional development and work-life balance.
This position will be of interest to candidates that thrive in a collaborative environment and are looking to build their experience in public practice.
The successful candidate will work predominantly in office, reporting the Accounting Manager.
- Preparation of compilation and assurance files, including all working papers and formal financial statements
- Preparation of corporate, personal and estate income tax returns
- Remain current on the content and practical applications of accounting and assurance standards
- Ability to research and access professional and technical materials
- Assist in training and mentoring of other accountants
- Handle tax and other compliance audit issues for clients
- Exercise effective communication with clients, government agencies and our partners
- Working cooperatively and effectively with other staff members
- 4 years relevant public practice experience with prior experience reviewing files
- Public accounting experience including Assurance Engagements and preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Committed to service excellence and high-quality work
- Compliance with the Firm’s policies and procedures, professional ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Tax Cycle, Profile and MS Office
- Agricultural accounting experience would be considered an asset
What We Offer
- An exciting fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan and RRSP match
- Community based environment, diverse client base where you will be supported and valued
- Internal mentoring
- Overtime pay or time in-lieu to accommodate busy tax season
- Work life balance (Friday’s off May through December)
- Professional Development and advancement opportunities
Interested clients should apply with a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate “Senior Accountant, Public Accounting” in the subject line of your email.
The job posting will close at 8:00 p.m. on December 16, 2022
All applicants will receive a response, however, only candidates who are being considered for the role will be contacted directly.