Accounting Manager, Public Practice
AccessHR is pleased to partner with Transcend LLP in the recruitment of a new Accounting Manager. In this newly created role, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with clients and building and developing an accounting team to ensure continued growth and success of the firm.
About Transcend LLP
Located in High River, Alberta, Transcend LLP is a full-service professional accounting firm serving the Southern Alberta Community, and beyond within a wide range of industries. We have been servicing the communities in which we live and work for over thirty years.
Our team helps develop solutions to plan, manage and control the growth of the business we support. Transcend places a high priority on client relationships, honesty, community integrity and a commitment to continual professional development and work-life balance.
This position will be of interest to candidates that thrive in a collaborative environment and are looking to build of a team of accountants that they can and lead, support and grow.
The successful candidate will work predominantly in office, reporting to a firm partner.
- Prepare and review of compilation and assurance files, including all working papers and formal financial statements
- Prepare and review corporate, personal and estate income tax returns
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to a small team in file and tax preparation
- Support the firm in maintaining high standards of client experience
- Remain current on content and practical applications of accounting and assurance standards
- Ability to research and access professional and technical materials
- 5-7 years’ experience in financial statement and tax return preparation in public accounting
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPF) designation or enrolled in CPA PEP (Professional Education Program)
- Strong desire and firm commitment to deliver service excellence and high-quality work
- Compliance with Transcend policies, procedures, professional ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in CaseWare and MS Office
- Agricultural accounting experience would be considered an asset
What We Offer
- An exciting fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan and RRSP match
- Community based environment, diverse client base where you will be supported and valued
- Overtime pay or time in lieu to accommodate busy tax season
- Work life balance (Friday’s off May through December)
- Professional Development and advancement opportunities
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Accounting Manager, Public Accounting” in the subject line of your email.
The job posting will close at 8:00 p.m. on December 16, 2022.
All applicants will receive a response, however, only candidates who are being considered for the role will be contacted directly.