United Active Living is leading the way to transform the experience of aging, made possible by our passionate team, dedicated to delivering meaningful experiences and excellent customer service. Enhancing the health and well-being of our residents drives every action and decision, our approach is guided by clear and simple values: respect, individuality, community. If this gets you excited and you have the skills to match, you may be our newest team member!
As a key member of the United Active Living team, you will provide direct supervision to the accounting team and have the responsibility over the accounting system and processes for all UAL’s operations. You are responsible for the monthly accounting cycle such as maintaining the general ledger within Quickbooks, preparing monthly financial statements and financial reports, preparing components of the annual budget as well as preparing working papers for the annual financial statement review and tax return that is completed by external accountants.
- Ensure that accounting entries are entered into the general ledger on a timely basis each month;
- Prepare adjusting journal entries as required during the month;
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of bank accounts, loan and other such accounts;
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for leaders within specified time frames;
- Oversee the billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable cycles;
- Maintain a schedule of rental lease up data and forecast projections; and
- Prepare year end working papers for external accountants’ Review Engagement.
- Prepare Monthly corporate and departmental financial statements;
- Prepare and issue annual resident life lease and rental account statements for personal tax purposes;
- Report comparison with industry benchmarks; and
- Prepare and file monthly GST returns.
- Prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts;
- Develop cost control systems to analyze operating costs per suite and programming costs per resident;
- Develop enhance and manage systems to connect and compile data with industry software:
- Food and beverage point of sale software to capture food costs, external guests’ meals and other relevant data for cost management;
- Linkage to payroll system (Payworks) for the accurate upload of payroll data;
- Responsible for developing, analyzing and interpreting accounting and financial information in order to evaluate operating results that track performance against budget, forecast, competitive benchmarks and other metrics impacting the operating effectiveness of UAL;
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten-year business/financial plans for UAL; and
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting package with departmental and senior leadership team. This includes communicating actual and forecasted results as well as key performance indicators.
- Oversee and manage corporate assets as well as food & beverage and supplies inventory;
- Assist with cash management;
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting and finance department;
- Identify areas of improvement for internal controls;
- Research alternative accounting software and systems; and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
You have a Bachelor of Commerce/Business degree with a major in accounting; six years of industry experience, along with an accounting designation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience within the senior housing or the food and beverage/hospitality industry.
You have strong accounting skills including the use of Quickbooks, Word, Excel, etc. and a focus on operations and cost management. You are a proven expert in analytical, problem solving, management reporting and financial/business modelling as well as in the areas of asset management and inventory analysis.
As a leader, you have a proven ability to lead a team in a dynamic environment while ensuring UAL objectives and initiatives are met within the specific timeline. Your leadership skills extend to supporting UAL leaders to ensure that the accounting function supports business operations and to building collaborative relationships with internal and external parties and leading with credibility, integrity and trust while achieving results and fostering a positive team culture;
Finally, your technical and leadership skills are enhanced by your strong written and verbal communications skills, exceptional listening skills, trustworthiness, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality in business dealings.
What we offer
In joining the UAL team, you will become a part of a very engaged and committed team focused on resident experience as well as personal growth and development. We offer a flexible hybrid work environment, competitive wages and benefits, RSP matching, discounted high quality meals, scramble parking to name a few of the perks to joining our team.
How to Apply
Please apply online or send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com