Senior Business Development Analyst
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Business Development Analyst. This role is at the forefront of a growing organization and needs an individual with strong attention to detail, the proven ability to execute on strategy and support business growth. This role will support UFA’s Business Development initiatives, including growth projects in our downstream petroleum business, supporting our corporate strategic planning process and supporting acquisition activity. The duties of this role will include analyzing and preparing presentations on market intelligence, preparation of complex financial/valuation models, facilitating due diligence activities, project planning, and other special projects.
- Play a key role in preparation of competitor, industry and market research analysis for UFA growth initiatives, including peer and precedent transaction research for strategic decision making.
- Develop complex financial forecast and valuation models, as well as related presentation materials for new projects and business development initiatives.
- Support business stakeholders and contribute to cross functional projects such as due diligence processes.
- Prepare information required for reports relating to business development and special projects to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Maintain a multi-year corporate financial model to be used in strategic decisions.
- Support UFA’s Strategic Planning Process at the executive and Board level.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, commerce or economics.
- Intermediate level experience (or 5-7 years relevant experience) in accounting, corporate finance, commercial/corporate banking, corporate development or other similar role.
- Completion (or near completion) of a professional Designation (CPA, CBV, CFA) or MBA.
- Background in agribusiness or downstream petroleum industries is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Display high integrity with strong analytical, communication and listening skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment under firm deadlines.