- EPT Clean Oil
- Calgary Corporate Office (In Office Full-Time)
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
EPT Clean Oil is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager for the performance of a wide variety of accounting activities. Responsibilities include bookkeeping, invoice entry, payables, payroll, expense management and reconciling transactions with external statements. Other duties will consist of month-end, quarter-end, cash flow projections and compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets, and the performance of related clerical duties.
About EPT Clean Oil
EPT Clean Oil is a turbine and compressor lubricant filtration manufacturing company focused on teaching the world a better way through sustainable lubricant chemistry management. We are subject matter experts in industrial fluid management for power plants, manufacturing facilities and other heavy industries. Our engineered product line is tailored to target the root cause of fluid failure for the world’s most critical rotating equipment. EPT Clean Oil proactively manages fluid chemistry to extend lubricant life, limits lubricant disposal over equipment lifespan and supports continuous uptime for operators.
EPT Clean Oil is a privately held manufacturing company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, operating since 1994. Our future is bright, and we are actively expanding to meet the needs of our clients across the globe.
EPT Clean Oil Core Values
- Positive inputs equal positive outputs.
- We get things done.
- We take on challenges with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Customers first, no matter what.
- Perform and manage the full-cycle accounting operations; accounts payable, accounts receivable and chart of account management for the company.
- Preparing and reviewing essential accounting functions, including but not limited to journal entries, cash & banking support.
- Preparing and managing payroll, including journal entries, payroll deductions, vacation pay, group RRSP and Health Spending account.
- Responsible for the monthly bank accounts and credit card accounts reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly reporting package including balance sheet, income statements, and reconciliation to sub-ledgers.
- Preparation of cash flow projections.
- Preparation of year-end statements for review, including working paper files and managing the external review engagement.
- Preparing and analyzing all government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Credit authorization management.
- Supporting the CEO for external reporting to financial institutions.
- Coordination of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Performing monthly variance analyses between budgeted and actual results and reviewing analyses with stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters, including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide regular and ad hoc analysis of sales and operational effectiveness.
- Develop and lead initiatives to identify operating costs, variances, and performance and variance analyses for management.
- Coordinate technical support of the current cloud-based accounting system.
It is important to note EPT Clean Oil is pursuing an RFP for an SME Manufacturing focused ERP. The Accounting Manager will be a part of the functional project team for onboarding and implementation once the ERP is selected.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and financing or a related field.
- Self-motivated with a passion for small business manufacturing.
- CPA Designation preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar accounting role.
- Strong GAAP, Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and financial reporting technical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including the ability to adapt and learn new software.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Great attention to detail in all areas of work.
Skills and Abilities
- Work with a variety of types of business information.
- Input, record, and update data using electronic information systems.
- Work independently and function as a collaborative member of the team.
- Set work priorities, plan, and organize your work.
- Work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle confidential payroll information without reservation or conflict.
- Established track record of being highly dependable and fully accountable.
- Office hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- This full-time permanent position is not eligible for remote work. The demands of the position require a commitment to in-office work with COVID safety protocols in place.
- Salary commensurate to experience.