- De Havilland Aircraft of Canada
- 1312 Aviation Park NE Calgary, Alberta T2E7E2
- Competitive Salary
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
Reporting to the Manager, Consolidations and Audit, the Accountant, Consolidations is primarily responsible for consolidation process of one of the entities along with its subsidiaries, presenting consolidated financial statements of that entity and supporting the manager with the group level audit. This position is on-site in Calgary, AB.
- Responsible for review and close of all subsidiary entities
- Closely work with regional accounting groups/ third party service providers to ensure timely accurate month close
- Consolidate financial statement of the entity with detailed review of intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Responsible for financial statements explaining key variances and movements in balances on the financial statements.
- Support with audit requirements.
- Support requirements from tax teams both Canada and international subsidiaries.
- Maintain joint ownership of the group chart of accounts.
- Perform all necessary tasks as super user on the ERP system.
- Work closely with FP & A team on monthly reporting.
- Support ad hoc requests from management.
- Development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives on financial reporting.
- A university degree or college diploma in business and/or accounting or equivalent business experience is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in accounting/finance with consolidation.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of month close and audit experience in a manufacturing or complex business environment is required.
- Ability to work with multiple ERPs.
- Hands-on, detail oriented and able to consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience in working with international entities is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in the aerospace industry considered an asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and confidently deliver messages using simple language.
- Ability to work independently and assess the importance of tasks and decisions and set priorities, consulting management for important issues.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders. To work with minimal supervision and guidance in a team-oriented work environment is mandatory.
- Solution and detail-oriented, customer service focus, and positive "can do" attitude to consistently meet deadlines.