Corporate Development Analyst
- Competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Corporate Development Analyst to join the team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Development & Planning in the Financial Services Service Unit, part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division. The Corporate Development team is primarily involved with the identification, assessment, and execution of strategic transactions. Additionally, the team actively engages with our business unit partners in supporting their efforts in developing, evaluating, and executing on organic business initiatives while also supporting our service unit partners where our expertise is required. The Corporate Development team is uniquely positioned within the organization through its broad exposure, making it an ideal opportunity to make a positive impact across the organization.
The Corporate Development Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Corporate Development group in producing strategic decision-making outputs for Senior Management. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, bringing intellectual curiosity, initiative, and a desire to build their career at Pembina.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Support Senior Management and the business in evaluating strategic opportunities (acquisitions, divestitures, and other corporate value creation alternatives) through:
- Conducting industry and peer group research, analysing market trends, data gathering and synthesizing information into digestible and intuitive outputs;
- Developing and reviewing detailed financial models and valuation analysis, incorporating established corporate economics standards and frameworks, valuation principles, financing, accounting, and tax considerations;
- Preparing and presenting well-developed and tailored materials; and
- Facilitating multi-disciplined due diligence processes, including the development and/or review of marketing materials, virtual data room documentation, and leading other standard M&A processes.
- Engage with our business unit partners in supporting their efforts in developing, evaluating and executing on organic business initiatives, ensuring projects are evaluated in accordance with established corporate economics standards and frameworks and providing corporate strategic perspective where applicable;
- Assist our service unit partners where our team expertise is required;
- Support the Corporate Development team on broader corporate initiatives; and
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Economics, Business Administration focused on Finance or Accounting, or another quantitative discipline (Math / Engineering);
- Possess or working towards advanced education is preferred (CFA, CPA, CBV, P. Eng.);
- 2 to 5 years experience, preferably in a quantitative focused role (Investment Banking, Private Equity, Equity Research, Corporate Finance, Transaction Advisory, or Engineering);
- General knowledge of the Oil and Gas Sector and familiarity with the midstream industry;
- Proficient with well-established finance and valuation concepts and theories;
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint and Word) with advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; and
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and an ability to think independently and work collaboratively:
- Exhibits self-awareness and displays a high-level of intellectual curiosity;
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment through strict attention to detail and ownership in their work;
- Drives results through prioritizing tasks and effective problem-solving;
- Confidently applies business acumen; and
- Communicates effectively (strong written and verbal skills), including the ability to develop and foster meaningful working relationships across the organization.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter by clicking on the following link prior to the position closing at midnight on Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
You can also access our careers at www.pembina.com