Manager, Finance & Administration
- McCarthy Veterinary Supplies
- Calgary (Airdrie)/Hybrid
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
The Role: Manager, Finance & Administration
McCarthy Veterinary Supplies currently employs a team of 15 people across Canada and is seeking a Manager, Finance & Administration to support their business operations. Reporting to the CEO (based in Calgary) and COO (based in Ontario), the Manager, Finance & Administration will oversee P&L for the organization and lead a small team.
This person is an accounting and finance leader with proven experience in a growing, entrepreneurial organization. This is both a hands-on and strategic role responsible for cash flow management, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, inventory, tax, audit and banking relationships, and is expected to play a role is business growth and strategy discussions.
- Responsible for overseeing full cycle accounting including the following functions:
- Cash flow forecasting, planning, reporting and budgeting
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis
- Overseeing A/R and A/P
- Managing employee expense reimbursement, payroll (through ADP) and commissions
- Leading a team of 3 office staff and a regulatory consultant
- Monitoring inventory and vendor orders including all related regulatory logistics
- Ensuring all regulatory documentation and licenses are in order
- Administering HR functions including health insurance, benefits, vacation tracking, etc.
- Overseeing all office-related leases, telephone, subscriptions and other office services
- Managing marketing and tradeshow budgets and registrations
- Document and update internal processes and controls
- Work with the CEO/COO to develop other internal reports as required
- Assist in training of new staff where applicable
The Person: Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5-10 years of accounting and business experience in a growing, entrepreneurial organization.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience leading a small team is preferred.
- Experience in a distribution and/or service business, and exposure to regulatory environments is also an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills, customer orientation and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Self-starter, has the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Professional designation CPA (CA/CGA/CMA) is an asset.
Key Success Factors
Functional Skills – Ability to manage all key accounting and financial issues pertinent to the company. Will be a strong team player with the ability to work comfortably with all team members. Sets clear standards for quality of work, building efficiency wherever possible. Ability to apply logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills – Has an open, honest and consistent approach to working with others. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both informally and formally as well as in writing. Is an active listener and has excellent presentation skills. Seeks out and values others' input and expertise when appropriate. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
Personal Management Skills – Possesses self-confidence and flexibility, perseverance and most of all, integrity. Maintains a high personal standard of conduct and ethical behaviour. Develops credibility through example and performance. Ability to train, coach and manage an effective team.
Multi-task Oriented – Ability to change gears quickly. Manage workloads and tight deadlines, analyze and assess and make appropriate recommendations both internally and externally.
Committed to Personal Excellence – Continuously seeks to stay current in their field. Committed to excellence and innovation in the workplace. Self-motivated and encourages others to achieve.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Express Your Enthusiasm for This Role
Email a convincing cover letter and tailored resume (PDF or Word) to Shalini Bhatty or Chelsey Howarth at email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line of the email.
Leaders International Executive Search