Pipestone Energy is an oil and gas exploration and production company with its head office located in Calgary, Alberta. The Company is focused on responsibly developing its condensate rich assets in the Pipestone area of Alberta. Pipestone Energy is committed to building long term value for our shareholders and values the partnerships that it is developing within its operating community. Pipestone Energy shares trade under the symbol PIPE on the TSX.
About the Position:
As the Financial Accountant you will report directly to the Manager, Financial Reporting & Taxation. In this role, you will gain a wide variety of exposure to many accounting responsibilities in our organization such as financial reporting, internal controls, audit process, etc. As the Financial Accountant you will help maintain key financial records, processes, and reports with the highest regard for accuracy, quality and, as applicable, confidentiality.
You will be able to deal with matters in a timely and effective manner. Being able to multitask, switch gears quickly and have attention to detail is essential for this position.
What will you work on?
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual internal / external financial reporting documents and supporting models / working papers;
- Assisting with quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits;
- Working with the external auditors in order to provide them with timely and accurate information;
- Maintaining internal control / process documentation and leading the execution of the annual C-SOX testing and certification program;
- Working with the finance and operational teams to reconcile and explain variances of actual results to budget for management reporting;
- Assisting with the annual G&A budgeting process;
- Administering and maintaining the Company’s equity compensation program;
- Assisting with the preparation of Audit Committee materials and attending Audit Committee meetings;
- Maintain strong accounting processes and provide suggestions for improvement;
- Reconcile various account balances;
- Prepare various routine journal entries;
- Research accounting issues as required; and
- Ensuring that all financial information and public documents filed are compliant with IFRS, regulatory and legal standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- CPA designation;
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting or Finance role, preferably in oil and gas or with a public accounting firm;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, financial reporting and information systems;
- Understanding of internal controls;
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills;
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages (experience with Qbyte would be considered an asset); and
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Team player willing to pitch in when and where needed;
- Be a proficient written and verbal communicator.
If you are an ideal fit for this role, please submit your application to email@example.com.
Job posting closing date: February 10, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.