Senior Financial Analyst
- Invest Alberta
- Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
As a member of the Invest Alberta Corporation (IAC) team, reporting to the Controller, you’ll collaborate with team members nationally and internationally to provide the analysis of financial information and review of financial controls in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will be an asset to the Finance team by providing strong experience in gathering information, developing reports, and preparing business and financial analysis while also developing a thorough understanding of IAC’s business and industries we work with. As a company ambassador, you will need to always have the highest level of professionalism and discretion. The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, deadline driven and fast-paced team environment.
Primary duties include:
- Implementing and monitoring the financial compliance and internal control review process for IAC.
- Assisting in the ongoing management of IAC’s revenue processing and accounts payable systems and processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Providing interpretation and practical advice to the IAC team on the application of established working principles and policies as well as system operation and controls.
- Providing ongoing advice and support to Expenditure Officers regarding the fulfillment of their Expenditure Officer responsibilities.
- Developing and delivering education, training, and awareness workshops for the IAC team to ensure all activities are carried out with the principle of strong fiscal stewardship.
- Working closely with IAC departments to perform ongoing model adjustments of projects under development.
- Conducting analysis and research on financial risk-management challenges.
Team Coordination duties include:
- Acting as a resource to the entire Invest Alberta team.
- Developing, maintaining, and strengthening professional working relationships across the organization and its partner network.
- Working collaboratively with others, forging connections.
- Discretely handling confidential information and data – always adhering to privacy and confidentiality.
- Actively supporting the team; working to prevent and solve problems which may arise from working relationships among individuals and/or teams.
- Staying current by continuously updating job and industry knowledge – exhibiting a keen desire to self-develop and improve.
- Leveraging technology to improve organization, communication and efficiency.
- Understanding the Company’s business model, how to create value and how change impacts all areas of the organization; being a positive change agent.
- Actively building and maintaining an inviting company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- 5 or more years of relevant financial analyst related experience.
- Must have a foundational knowledge and demonstrated practical application of PSAS.
- Have attained or are pursuing a CPA designation.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent professional business writing skills.
- Strong skills using the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Familiarity working with financial models and complex formulas.
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial people.
- Strong interpersonal skills, pro-active, and a demonstrated self-starter.
About the Organization
Invest Alberta Corporation works directly with investors to attract high-value and high-impact investments to the province. We bring industry, government partners, and economic organizations together to offer seamless services that make it easy for investment to flow into the province. With a strong entrepreneurial culture, we are taking new and innovative approaches to investment attraction.
Our clients come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and so do we. Invest Alberta Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, gender, race, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic backgrounds or physical abilities.
How to Apply
Interested in being a part of a dynamic organization that was designed to have a positive impact on Alberta’s future? If you are looking for an exciting and unique opportunity, to make a difference, and make connections while earning a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits, apply by including a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found
Thank you for your interest in IAC.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To learn more about IAC & this position please visit: investalberta.ca