Board Member (Volunteer) Children/Education
- Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Education, Not-for-Profit
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Mission: To collaboratively create a developmentally appropriate and individualized educational program for each child that encompasses their strengths to support their areas of need, in a play-based and inclusive learning environment.
Vision: We believe that all children have unlimited potential; creative minds; and a playful nature.
Values: Teaching children and families to play, learn, and grow together.
Kids Developmental Services Ltd. (KDS) is a Calgary-based Not-for-Profit Early Childhood Services (ECS) Operator, funded by Alberta Education. KDS has provided early childhood education and intervention services to preschool-aged children in the community preschools and child care centres they attend in Calgary and surrounding areas since 2018.
KDS is currently seeking qualified candidates to join their 9-Member competent volunteer Board of Directors providing strategic leadership and direction, oversight, and governance.
Board Member (Volunteer)
- Review Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Approve strategic direction
- Oversee risk management
- Ensure management accountability for annual audit
- Not-for-Profit volunteering
- Board experience
and any of the following:
- Teaching background, or
- Parental experience, or
- Ethics, or
- Human Resources, or
- Information Technology, or
- Board term appointment: Three-year renewable commitment
- Members may be coopted to serve Board subcommittees
- Staff Interaction: Executive Director and Executive Management
- Meetings: Monthly, but not less than quarterly
- Year-ends: School term September to June, Fiscal year September to August
- KDS is a paperless technologically driven organisation