- NorthRiver Midstream Inc.
- Calgary, AB
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas
- CPA Status
Company: NorthRiver Midstream Inc.
Department: Finance & Accounting
Location: Calgary, AB
Employee Type: Full Time
Safety Sensitive: No
NorthRiver is a Canadian owned and operated gas gathering and processing business based in Western Canada. With operations in Northeast British Columbia and Northwest Alberta, and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. NorthRiver provides connectivity for its customers to major demand markets including the U.S. Pacific Northwest, U.S. Midwest and Western Canada.
Our purpose is to create value with our partners by delivering Canadian energy.
To learn more about us, visit https://nrm.ca/.
We are actively recruiting for the role Risk Analyst. Reporting to the Supervisor, Treasury and Risk.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage insurance/risk projects with Broker partner and third-party vendors, compile insurance data requirements, and work with Broker partner on policy renewal strategy, market submissions, policy renewal process, and settlement of insurance premiums
- Coordinate exposure gathering for policy placements
- Review and respond to insurance-related requests from internal and external stakeholders including analysis of information, policies, processes, and regulatory/contract compliance requirements
- Communicate with Accounting Operations and other groups in preparing insurance allocations and forecasting of insurance premiums and claims
- Manage insurance claims processes and coordinate claim correspondences and relevant documentation
- Provide insurance consultative support to various functional groups
- Provide insurance related project support, including project tracking and coordination with subject matter experts
- Conduct credit reviews of new customers, vendors, and annual credit reviews of existing counterparties including monitoring of their credit standings
- Recommend to the applicable functional groups any required credit collateral for non-investment grade customers or vendors
- Negotiate on behalf of NorthRiver in administering credit collateral (e.g. letters of credit, parental guarantees, etc.) in coordination with the functional groups
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, or annual credit reports to management including credit portfolios, and ad hoc reports
- Provide risk management support activities such as creating presentations and data-lined workbooks, as well as reviewing contracts with customers and vendors (e.g. insurance and credit risks)
- Resolve day-to-day cash settlement issues with banks and the Accounting Operations and AP groups
- Coordinate and execute approved debt and interest settlement, FX, wire, and other treasury transactions with counterparties
- Prepare and analyze reports on liquidity and forecasts
- Provide other support to risk and treasury operations, review processes, recommend process improvements and maintain adequate internal controls
- Assist on insurance, treasury, credit and other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of post-secondary program specific to insurance, risk, business, or finance
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in Insurance (risk management, insurance carrier, broker), Credit and/or Treasury
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively
- Strong attention to details with excellent problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experience with Credit Rating Agency platforms or internally developed credit rating models
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel
- Knowledge with SAP is an asset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, balancing multiple and competing priorities
- Capable of working as a member of a team or independently when necessary
- Industry relevant certification(s) and or designation(s) (CIP, FCIP, CRM, CPA, or equivalent) preferred but not required
This is a high growth, fast paced organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a busy work environment is critical.
The above profile is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.
At NorthRiver Midstream we embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion with equal access to opportunities based on individual merit by creating an environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique capabilities and perspectives.
We accept applications online via our Careers page; http://careers.nrm.ca.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security and background screening, including a criminal records check.