Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
America Fujikura Limited (AFL) is looking for YOU, a Financial Analyst who is a problem solver with a passion for process improvement and a desire to be an integral part of an exciting organization.
Position Overview Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance – Planning and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for analysis and reporting for multiple Business Units within AFL. The position will support the business through value-added financial analysis, performance variance analysis, budgeting/forecasting and ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
If interested, click on this link to apply: Financial Analyst (Hybrid) | Career Opportunities (ultipro.com)
- As part of the Finance team coordinate month end tasks, strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Provide operating results and variance analysis to Finance and other stakeholders as needed.
- Partner with stakeholders to track and analyze key performance metrics.
- Identify, develop, and propose process improvements.
- Complete month end close tasks for one or more business units within AFL.
- Provide detailed analysis of revenues and margins and spending variances.
- Provide analysis to assist in cost reduction efforts.
- Learn the business systems and serve as liaison for the organization from an accounting and analytical perspective.
- Provide monthly and semi-annual forecasts and explain related variances to business leaders.
- Enhance the Organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Documentation of accounting processes specific to applicable business units. Documentation of business processes that are within the scope of the position.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - capable of complex reasoning analysis.
- Results focused - driven to achieve.
- Independent - ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Flexible - open to change & new information and rapidly adapts to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
- Detail oriented - excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Interpersonal skills - able to collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of the business.
- Adaptability - capable of working in a fast-paced environment, adapt to various situations, and prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Team Player skills - Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) Program considered an asset.
- Proven ability to adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) standards and to make objective, informed recommendations.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in an analytical role, distribution and/or services environments.
- Knowledge of accounting and control processes with a large complex organization · Demonstrated ability to work with multiple sources of diverse and complex information applied to the resolution of complex issues.
- Experience with the financial closing cycle, audit processes and control environment knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel (Power Query/Pivot), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Great Plains, Solomon) or project-based account software considered an asset.
- Surrey, British Columbia or Calgary, Alberta
- Workstyle - hybrid
Who is AFL?
America Fujikura Limited (publicly known as AFL) is a premiere service provider in the global telecommunications industry focusing on leading-edge network technology, quality, safety and superior customer satisfaction. AFL manufactures, engineers and installs the fiber optic products and equipment that communications providers need to provide quad-play solutions to their customers.
Everyone belongs at AFL. At AFL, we value and respect unique contribution and talents. As a global company with customers of every race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, ability, background and experience, we believe that we can serve our team members and customers better if cultural diversity is naturally engrained within the fibres of our company.