Manager of Finance
- Cosens Group Enterprises Ltd.
- Vernon, British Columbia
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
Located in the Okanagan, Cosens Group Enterprises Ltd. (Cosens Group) is a single-family office supporting an entrepreneurial family comprised of approximately 30 individuals spanning three generations. The Family Office reports to and supports a family holdings board. It also supports a Family Business Forum and a system of family governance which includes a Family Council, Family Assembly, and a private Family Foundation. The holdings board has multiple asset classes including operating companies, real estate, and public securities. Ownership is shared with two generations, and the family’s business and investment holdings are expanding beyond the founding operating company. A new real estate holding company was also recently established, which has its own Board of Directors that includes two family members.
The family’s Statement of Vision guides and informs the values and ideals of the family. The family prides itself on being down to earth, inclusive, and respectful of the legacy that was handed down to them from prior generations and the founders. Above all, the family strives for unity and harmony, and has established good governance practices to ensure that these goals are met. The Family Office plays a key role in progressing, enhancing, and promoting these values in the family entities and boards.
Manager of Finance
The Family Office team is comprised of an Executive Director, an Executive Assistant, a Director of Investments & Real Estate, a Director of Finance, and a Bookkeeper/Junior Accountant providing support.
The Manager of Finance is a new position that will support the Director, Investments & Real Estate and the Director of Finance, and provide assistance with financial reporting, accounting, and analysis including real estate accounting and budgeting. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with at least five years of relevant experience, ideally, some of which will be related to real estate accounting.
- Detail oriented with strong bookkeeping skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to develop, build and maintain trusting relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet demands and competing deadlines
- Strong financial acumen with good understanding of various investment asset classes
- Investment underwriting/financial modelling experience is an asset
- Technically savvy, with a good understanding of various types of equipment and software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Sage 50, as well as Zoom and Microsoft Teams conferencing systems
- Low ego
- High level of integrity
- Able to maintain confidential information in business and social settings
- Willing to work overtime, when required
WATSON's commitment to advancing governance and leadership is inseparable from a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. It is central to our corporate purpose that we advance a society where every member has full opportunity to thrive and contribute. WATSON encourages applications from individuals of underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds, identities, and lived experiences. To that end, we welcome any relevant insight provided voluntarily in a separate cover letter.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this opportunity and will contact those under consideration for the role.