- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
Treasurer for Girl Guides of Canada - Edmonton Area Council
4-5 hours / weekly
Ongoing for up to five years
About Girl Guides of Canada - Edmonton Area Council.
Girl Guides provides a safe, all-female environment that invites girls to challenge themselves, to find their voice, meet new friends, have fun and make a difference in the world. Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) strives to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
While most adult members work with girls, we also need adult members to provide administrative support to the organization. Edmonton Area Council provides administrative support to units and districts within the City of Edmonton, as well as to communities in the surrounding area, such as Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Beaumont, Leduc, Wetaskiwin and Fort McMurray.
We are currently recruiting for a Treasurer to join our Edmonton Area Council.
The Treasurer is a key member of Edmonton Area Council. As Treasurer you will:
• adhere to the financial policies of GGC and ensure that activities carried out are consistent with the policies of GGC;
• maintain current knowledge of GGC, its Strategic Plan, and all financial policies, procedures and protocols;
• oversee and recommend the best financial decisions for Edmonton Area Council including monitoring actual results to operational plans and make recommendations on revenue and expenditure adjustments;
• prepare and submit an annual budget to Edmonton Area Council by the required date;
• accept responsibility as one of the authorized signing officers for Edmonton Area Council;
• attend monthly Edmonton Area Council meetings (first Wednesday of every month except July and August) as well as the Annual General Meeting;
• complete reporting as required and cooperate in the work of the Council, including a monthly Edmonton Area finance report for Council meetings, and an annual report each year to be presented to the Edmonton Area Commissioner;
• attend Provincial Finance meetings as required;
• prepare, submit, and, if requested, present grant applications as required;
• ensure that all money payable to Edmonton Area Council is deposited in a financial institution approved by Council;
• follow up on all Edmonton Area financial enquiries and concerns;
• ensure that all pertinent information, correspondence, minutes, etc., related to financial matters are maintained for future reference;
• implement process changes when required, in consultation with the Edmonton Area Commissioner;
• review district and trip financial records, ensuring that guidelines and budgets are adhered to;
• anticipate the year-end audit by ensuring that all records are complete and accurate and work with auditors as required;
• provide mentorship to district treasurers as required.
Is this the right fit for you?
You may have been a girl member and/or former adult member who would like to be connected to Guiding again, but are not able to meet the weekly commitments of being a Unit Guider. Or maybe you would like to put your professional credentials to work helping girls be the best they can be by providing administrative support.
If you see this opportunity as being a good fit, we would love to have a conversation with you. To learn more about volunteering with Girl Guides, please check out the GGC National website at https://www.girlguides.ca/web/GGC/Volunteers/Interested_In_Volunteering/GGC/Volunteers/Interested_In_Volunteering/Interested_in_Volunteering.aspx?hkey=f06ee747-0b99-4c5b-81fc-efdeefeb8106
and the Edmonton Area website at https://www.girlguides.ca/web/AB/Program/AB/Areas/Edmonton_Area.aspx.
Additional Details & Skills Required
Any training, both formal and informal, that is required is provided.
Certification or Education Required
A professional accounting or finance designation (CPA, CFA, etc.) is considered an asset, although not a requirement
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity?
Guiding provides endless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a supportive environment to develop new skills and learn from others. The Treasurer position provides the perfect opportunity to engage in the Guiding community with a more flexible time commitment, while allowing you to share your financial acumen and expertise.
More search results
Edmonton Chapter - Board / Executive Members
Edmonton Chapter of CPA Alberta
Asset Management Accountant
North American Construction Group
Senior Staff Accountant, Supervisor, Public Acco…
Donnelly & Co. LLP
Senior Financial Accountant, Equipment and Capita…
North American Construction Group
df Boiler Tube Industries