- ARC Resources Ltd.
- Calgary, AB
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to work in our accounting department as an internal controls specialist. The successful candidate will assist the company’s internal controls over financial reporting program as part of the annual regulatory compliance requirements. The individual will require an understanding of various oil and gas general accounting processes and procedures, including production, revenue, royalties, marketing arrangements, expenditure accounting, and financial reporting.
ARC has had an exciting growth story driven by the invaluable contributions of our people, principled business strategy and high-performance culture. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest energy companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and tremendous opportunity on the horizon.
We are proud to play an important role in the development of Canada’s energy resources and recognize that this must be done responsibly. Through innovation, teamwork and a commitment to operational excellence, our people drive our company’s success. From the office to the field, our team of talented professionals work hard each day to safely execute our business and create positive and lasting impacts for our stakeholders.
Since our inception, we have created an environment that has become more than just a workplace. Our people care about one another, give back in the communities where we live and work, and deliver results. We take pride in what we do and are excited to find our next team member to join our winning team.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to work in our accounting department as an internal controls specialist. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills along with a passion for learning.
The successful candidate will assist the company’s internal controls over financial reporting program as part of the annual regulatory compliance requirements. The individual will require an understanding of various oil and gas general accounting processes and procedures, including production, revenue, royalties, marketing arrangements, expenditure accounting, and financial reporting. Responsibilities include:
- Support and coordinate ARC’s annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as stipulated by National Instrument 52-109
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and analysis of the financial statements and controls to determine the scope of the internal controls program
- Act as the key liaison with a third-party service provider to plan and perform detailed accounting process walk-throughs and control test procedures
- Assist IT business leaders with the planning and execution of their internal controls program as it relates to ICFR
- Communicate deficiencies as well as develop and implement remediation plans to address deficiencies
- Provide internal advisory related to internal control design, process efficiency, and effectiveness
- Develop and manage relationships with business stakeholders, third party advisors, and the company’s external auditors
- Maintain and enhance documentation of internal controls in support of the assessment
- Keep informed of SEC, IFRS, and other regulations and provide and technical guidance as it pertains to internal controls and other related activities
- Advance the use of ARC’s ICFR software platform to enable robust analysis and reporting
- Lead or assist internal control projects and in the development and implementation of new Finance & Accounting policies and/or amendment of existing policies from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related discipline and a CPA designation
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting and/or related oil & gas industry experience
- Experience in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting would be considered an asset but not required
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work within tight deadlines
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd., however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.