Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Red Deer Polytechnic
- Red Deer, AB
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
Red Deer Polytechnic is seeking a permanent full-time Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our Finance Team. Reporting directly to the Director, Resource Planning & Client Services the Coordinator is a key leadership position that is responsible for the coordination of all accounts receivable processes across the polytechnic leading best business practices related to revenue recognition, account management and government reporting.
We are looking for a progressive leader that has the ability to work collaboratively with the team to analyze situations, explore opportunities, modernize processes and achieve efficiencies. You will have a strong knowledge of accounting, effective communication and decision-making skills, and the competency to represent the department as the accounts receivable expert. This position will utilize their knowledge and experience leading a high performing team to support the future direction of Red Deer Polytechnic.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinates all accounts receivable processes across the polytechnic in compliance with policy, Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), CRA regulations and government legislation
- Makes operational decisions to ensure effective, accurate and regulated processes are established and followed
- Responds to student, staff and community inquires in a professional and confidential manner
- Identifies emerging trends in the post-secondary payment field and remains attuned to new technologies and enhancements to existing systems
- Manages Government reporting and annual fiscal activities
- Provides leadership, training, development and coaching to direct reports
- Discovers, designs and implements strategies for system optimization and process improvements
- Communicates accounts receivable financial and systems initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Supports in team engagement initiatives within the finance team and polytechnic community
Processes, Planning and Reporting and Systems Operations
- Responds to inquiries and resolves problems related to tax processing
- Continuous evaluation and modification of financial controls and processes in Accounts Receivable, implementing enhancements and improvements
- Develops, administers, and enforces policies, procedures and guidelines related to cash controls
- Administers the monitoring and management of TouchNet modules ensuring ongoing system integrity and functionality
- Explores innovative ways to further utilize the portal in maintaining relevant, effective, and efficient contact with the students
- Coordinates Global Payment business processes relating to daily operations and point of contact for system updates and interfaces
Red Deer Polytechnic offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to Institution closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays. *Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits dependent upon the AUPE Collective Agreement and related RDP policies.
Focused on advancing the economic and social priorities of Alberta, Red Deer Polytechnic (RDP) provides more than 80 industry-relevant programs within a breadth of credentials to approximately 6,300 credit and apprenticeship students and 3,400+ learners with Extended Education programming. With modern teaching and learning spaces, and state-of-the-art research and innovation centres in advanced manufacturing and energy innovation, the Polytechnic provides applied research opportunities, leadership in the social, economic, and cultural development of Alberta, and myriad lifelong learning opportunities.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Métis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another.
Whatever brings you to Red Deer Polytechnic, we are glad you are here. And we look forward to having you as a valued member of our polytechnic community.