- Carmela Industries
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Manufacturing, Wholesale
- CPA Status
- CPA Candidate
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
Hello there. My name is Talisha. I am the Human Resource Manager at Carmela Industries. Carmela is the parent company for Summit Valve and Special Alloy Fabricators. We are currently looking to add an experienced Accountant to our accounting team of 3. Not only is the Accountant one of the pillars of the accounting team, but the accounting team is also an essential service piece to the whole organization. Supporting 5 companies; with sales, technical service, and engineering departments; within Manufacturing and Distribution (oil and gas, wastewater, etc.) industries; between 4 provinces! This role is ideal for an individual will full-cycle accounting experience, interested in pursuing a CPA designation, and looking to gain knowledge and grow their career.
You may be wondering why our job ad looks so different? One, because in our Organization we do things differently. Two, well, just like you want to stand out to us, we want to stand out to you. We are looking for an extraordinary customer service oriented, meticulously detailed, like-minded individual to join our unique and driven team. In short, if you are motivated by spreadsheets, numbers, and creating a supportive environment, we need your help!
So what does it mean to be an Accountant at Carmela Industries? Well, if we’re being honest, it can mean a lot of things. It means
- being a reliable resource for stakeholders
- supporting accounting functions
- building systems and tools to develop transparency and ease-of-use reporting,
- working closely with the Controller to streamline procedures and find increased efficiencies,
- participating in corporate initiative projects to help advance the company forward,
The Accountant will have hands on all aspects of the accounting cycle, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial reporting. Working closely with the Controller to develop consistency in reporting and processes. This role will:
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports and assist with budgeting and forecasting activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and support the overall financial health of the organization
- Continuously seek to improve processes and systems to increase efficiency and accuracy
But what we REALLY need is somebody with the right attitude. First and foremost, we need a professional; somebody who is hyper-organized, efficient, diligent, and supportive. Secondly, we need somebody who legitimately wants to be a part of the team, not just because they need a job but because accounting is in their blood and detailed reporting is practically a way of life!
As a qualified candidate you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in full-cycle accounting,
- Experience job costing in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- CPA interest and eligibility considered an asset
What can you expect from us? In our business we are always changing. We are growing and adapting to new people, new customer needs, technologies, expanding territories and product lines, and advances in business. We expect that these changes bring new challenges. We deal with these challenges by talking about them and working together to get through it. I know everybody says this but, well and truly, we need Employees who care. It is a challenging work environment with a lot of rewarding features. We need people with a stick-to-it-iveness, willing to stick with us, and help contribute to the success of the Company.
Working at Carmela Industries means:
- An opportunity to be an active part of what’s going on. The Managers are right there, working with the Employees, every day. The President knows everybody’s name. Each person is here working toward the same goal. We encourage our Team Members to be a part of the conversation.
- Growth. Personal growth, professional growth, corporate growth, you name it, we got it! Our goal is to ensure the right people are in the right chairs doing a job they enjoy.
- A really great team. OK, OK, I know everybody says this but hear me out. It’s true and it’s important. We’re a community. Everybody is responsible for mowing their own lawn, the neighbor helps water your plants when you’re on holiday, and at the end of the day, it’s just a nice place to live.
- A mutually respectful and beneficial relationship between Employee and Company. What else can we say about that? We’re in this together.
- Fun! The motto is simple, work hard and have fun while doing it (also - somebody usually brings food!)
Thank you for taking the time to review this opportunity. We hope we’ve piqued your interest. If we did, APPLY TODAY! We would love to hear from you!
Carmela Industries is an equal-opportunity employer.
Thank you for your time and for considering working with us.