Senior Accountant, Audit
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The Enterprise Audit group is looking for Senior Accountants to join its dynamic team.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
What you will do
As a Senior Accountant you will be required to:
- Apply KPMG's audit and accounting practices and methodologies at client engagements.
- Conduct external and internal financial statement audits for both public and private companies
- Leadership of field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Perform analysis of complex accounting issues.
- Perform financial and systems analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations.
What you bring to the role
- Accounting/ business degree.
- Successful completion of the CFE and/or working towards a CPA designation.
- 3 - 5 years post graduate experience with a public accounting firm.
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Previous experience using the various accounting frameworks applicable in Canada (IFRS, ASPE, NPO and/or Public Sector).
- Previous SOX/PCAOB audit experience.
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties.
- Experience mentoring and delegating work to junior staff.
- Previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Please note that KPMG will only review applications submitted through Senior Accountant, Audit in Edmonton, Alberta | Careers at Edmonton, AB (icims.com)
To discover our award-winning culture, visit Life at KPMG - KPMG Canada
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being here