Financial Reporting Analyst
ABOUT THE POSITION
Financial Reporting Analyst
Job Req: 1746
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Corporate Services / Finance
Classification: Finance 4 (234)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $75,663.90 - $99,378.36 per annum
Advertising:Internal and External
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for delivering accurate and timely financial reports, including quarterly public disclosure and board reporting, financial dashboards, and ad-hoc reporting. The incumbent has a strong understanding of financial policies, as well as relevant acts and regulations. The position provides relevant financial information to stakeholders by building effective working relationships within the finance team as well with other branches. As the financial reporting expert, this position champions continuous process improvements affecting financial data and policies, and general ledger maintenance.
The successful candidate will need excellent analytical skills with the ability to exercise professional judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis. Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed to work with various business areas and provide accurate and timely accounting information and advice to meet stakeholder needs. The ability to use professional judgement in interpreting policy and legislation to establish precedents or solutions to complex issues is essential. Extensive knowledge of AGLC business structures combined with the ability to understand, interpret, and apply Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act & Regulations and Government of Alberta Framework & Legislation is required.
Check out the Benefits and Perks AGLC offers!
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A university degree in a related field (e.g. Accounting, Finance) with an accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA) and a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible related experience is required.
- Equivalences can be accepted on the basis of a university degree in a related field plus 5 years progressively responsible related experience or a related diploma plus 7 years directly related experience.
- Advanced computer skills including business management systems and various applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Power Query, Power BI and JD Edwards are required.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and concepts as well as internal financial controls and requirements is also needed.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.