Senior Financial Accountant, Equipment and Capital Assets
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels safe, valued, and respected. We recognize the talent, perspective, and creative force that diverse groups of people generate, and we encourage all people to express interest with us especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups who might hesitate before applying. If you require extra support in submitting interest on a role or throughout our interview process, please call us at 780-960-7171 or email us at email@example.com to ask for assistance.
North American Construction Group acknowledges that we perform work on the Traditional Treaty 6 and 8 Territories, home to the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux and Nakota Sioux, and the Metis Nation of Alberta. We encourage members of those and all traditional lands to apply with us.
Become a member of the North American family today!
Reporting directly to the Manager of Equipment and Capital Asset Accounting, the Senior Financial Accountant, Equipment and Capital Assets is responsible for support of the daily operation and ongoing initiatives, compliance with US GAAP and with the company’s internal controls over financial reporting. This position also assists with financial analysis, reporting to senior management and quarterly reviews and year end audits related to fixed assets, inventory and maintenance revenue. This role is an addition to our team and will be instrumental in helping to create processes, procedures, and standardized reporting as the company grows.
Salary: $83,470.00 to $98,200.00 per annum. Temporary position until February 2024, immediate access to benefits.
- Timely and accurate month-end and quarter-end closing and reporting process in accordance with established SOX internal controls.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly financial activities including the preparation of financial reports and analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis, ensuring they are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Review, approve, and post journal entries.
- Lead and oversee the activities of accountants for the month end, quarterly, and year end close activities.
- Manage the timely and accurate completion of the quarterly and annual “Prepared by Client” items pertaining to compliance and reporting to support the external audit and review activities.
- Work with external auditors to ensure the audit runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide accounting analysis for the preparation of responses to auditor queries including SOX.
- Ensure that SOX controls are adhered to throughout finance by way of audit testing and review of procedures.
- Responsible for complying with the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Continually develop, expand and improve financial reporting procedures for Fixed Asset acquisition, capitalization and expense, external maintenance revenue; and ensuring best practices.
- Manage AP and RNV subledgers – ensure that all older items are getting cleared & that all credits are reviewed and recovered.
- Participate in maintenance meetings to provide guidance and feedback to ensure compliance with processes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the finance, treasury, tax, procurement, fleet management and maintenance teams.
- Provide coaching and training to various staff members to ensure a good working level.
- Support other special projects and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- University degree in a related field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Minimum three years’ experience relating to financial accounting and analysis.
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience, including capital asset accounting, preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think from multiple perspectives.
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of fixed assets, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the direct managers and other stakeholders.
- Solid SOX knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of all functions of the JD Edwards system preferred
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel preferred.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
The Rewards of our positions include: competitive compensation and benefits packages and excellent career growth prospects.
To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.
More search results
CPA Manager/Senior Manager
Zaheeda Poonjani Professional Corporation
Senior Accountant / Manager
Metrix Group LLP
WECAN Food Basket Society Treasurer (Volunteer Ro…
WECAN Food Basket Society
Edmonton Chapter - Board / Executive Members
Edmonton Chapter of CPA Alberta
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission