Senior Financial Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst in our Accounting department. Reporting to the Controller, this role will be integral to the financial reporting process and will be responsible for key components of the financial reporting cycle.
Who is Bonavista?
Bonavista is a medium size oil and natural gas company that started in 1997 with operations focused primarily in Alberta. Our head office is located in Calgary and we have two smaller field offices in Edson and South Caroline, Alberta. At Bonavista our motto is “All Together Better” and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset; without the hard work and dedication of all our staff we would not be able to do what we do.
Why Choose Bonavista?
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Savings Plan (7% matching)
- Health Spending Account
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Work From Home Flexibility
- Company Social Events
- Every other Friday off from May-September
Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and deliver quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and note disclosures in WDesk
- Participates in the preparation of quarterly management discussion and analysis
- Review and post entries prepared by the Treasury Analyst
- Complete the Company’s annual ESTMA reporting
- Prepares financial accounting analysis for Impairment, ARO, DD&A, IFRS 16, acquisitions and dispositions
- Preparation of the quarterly tax provision. Review of tax returns prepared by external consultant
- Assists with the research IFRS accounting issues and implementation of new accounting standards
- Acts as a key point of contact for external auditors during the year end audit
- Assists in the documentation and maintenance of the Company’s internal control policies and procedures
- Update and maintain the Company’s corporate forecasting model
- Prepare various items for the annual budget, including the G&A budget
- University degree with a major in accounting
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the energy industry; ideally with a minimum of 5 years post designation experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate information with a deadline-orientated role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Qbyte and Optix required. AFE Navigator and Wdesk is considered an asset
- Proficiency in working with the MS Office suite of software
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume on the careers page of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.