Corporate Accountant (Temporary Maternity Leave)
About TriSummit Utilities Inc. (TSU)
TSU is an energy company with natural gas distribution utilities and long-term contracted renewable power generation assets. TSU’s mission is to be a clean and reliable energy supplier of choice through being a leader in safety, cost effectiveness and customer service. Our vision is to be a premier growing North American utility and renewable energy company. Our people take great pride in supporting and having a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
This is a unique role offering lots of opportunity and we are looking for someone who is ready to take on a challenge and be a key contributor. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for accurate and timely accounting, analysis and reporting of financial results during month-end, as well as leading the preparation of quarterly and annual external disclosure documents. In addition, this position will be working closely with various external and internal stakeholders.
TSU is committed to providing a productive and safe work environment for all employees. If you want to work for a company who values safety and reliability, people, a strong community, and continuous improvement, TSU may be the right company for you.
- Manage and complete various month end close procedures such as the preparation of various journal entries, intercompany eliminations, and consolidation
- Prepare external and intercompany billings
- Prepare variance analysis and various account reconciliations
- Prepare and file monthly GST returns
- Identify and implement process improvements as required
- Maintain processes and documentations of internal controls over financial reporting to support the CEO and CFO certification of financial statements
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual financial statements, Management Discussion and Analysis, and Annual Information Form
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with accounting research and implementation of new accounting policies
- Provide backup support for functions within the finance group
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) accounting designation with minimum of 4 – 6 years of progressive financial experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (finance or accounting)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Proven ability to prioritize and work under pressure with minimal guidance to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with planning and preparation of financial statements related working papers
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving abilities
- Great team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Word using formulas for data processing from JDE
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Knowledge of JDE would be an asset
TSU believes that our people are our family; everyone contributes to the success of TSU. We believe in the strength of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and a diverse workforce.
- This position is based in our downtown office location.
- The Calgary Office operates on a workplace flexibility program.
A Maternity Leave Coverage Application Process
If this opportunity based in our downtown Calgary Office speaks to you, qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letters and resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time.