Propak Systems Ltd., an established leader in engineering, fabrication, and construction of gas compression, processing and heavy oil facilities. We are currently seeking an Intermediate Financial Accountant to join our Finance Department at our Airdrie office.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the completion of financial reporting for a Canadian fabrication/service division, financial statements for a US subsidiary, providing insightful analysis of financial performance and supporting both operational and accounting staff as required.
- Canadian Fabrication/Service Division
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Division Financial Information report.
- Preparation of journal entries related to interdivision transactions, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and other accounts as required.
- Calculate Percentage of Completion Revenue Recognition calculation to ensure revenue is recognized according to accounting standards.
- US Subsidiary
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of journal entries related to intercompany transactions, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and other accounts as required.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts to appropriate back-up.
- Reviewing, analyzing and proactively ensuring the correct GL coding of Overhead expenses.
- Completion of Job Cost Detail Report, ensuring correct categorization and revenue recognition procedures applied.
- Report and present financial information and analysis to management regarding the division/subsidiary company performance each month.
- Communicate and build relationships with management and operations staff to provide accounting related support and knowledge in a proactive manner.
- Other accounting related duties as required
- Currently enrolled or recently completed in CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- One- or two- year diploma or certificate in business with an accounting focus.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years general accounting experience in a similar industry or practice.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge of Visual or similar ERP is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Power BI or Tableau is an asset.
Propak Systems Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please