Chinook Equipment has an exceptional opportunity as we seek an experienced CONTROLLER to join an expanding equipment dealership group across Western Canada. Reporting directly to the General Manager, with indirect reporting to the CFO, the Controller will act as the financial leader responsible for accurate and timely accounting functions across the entire Chinook Equipment enterprise. *The successful candidate will be expected to live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta.*
The successful candidate will be responsible for various managerial accounting related activities such as, but not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing all operations in the accounting department, including: Accounts payables, Billing and receivables, General ledger and chart of accounts, Cost Accounting, Revenue recognition and inventory accounting
- Coordinating and directing Annual Budgeting activities
- Monthly Financial Statement preparation and reporting
- Monthly forecasting
- Managing and complying with reporting requirements for provincial and federal tax filings
- Managing Foreign Exchange and money market initiatives
- Continuously developing accounting policies and Chinook Equipment processes to strengthen internal controls
- Collaborating with business leaders across multiple locations on financial analysis and best practice
Credentials & Characteristics of our Ideal Candidate:
- Accounting designation (CA, CPA, etc.) is preferred
- Possess a proven track record in a Controllership role with at least 5 years of experience
- Proficient in managerial accounting and financial management
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal contacts
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and operates with Integrity, Honesty and Humility
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A demonstrated mix of strategic thinking and execution skills with the ability to problem solve
- Maintain and understand a strong sense of confidentiality
- Preference will be given to those with experience in the automotive, heavy equipment or agriculture industry
Founded almost 40 years ago, C.E.M. Heavy Equipment grew to be one of Canada’s largest Hyundai dealers in North America. After rebranding to Chinook Equipment in recent years, we have experienced rapid growth and offer a full line of agriculture and heavy construction equipment product offerings in sales, rentals, parts and service across Western Canada. Today, Chinook Equipment consists of 4 Branches; Located in: Taber, Lethbridge, Pincher Creek and Leduc.
Chinook Equipment is proud to be part of the Davis Auto Group; a third-generation family-owned company that places pride in the 4 Core Values of: Family, Teamwork, Integrity and Community.
What our Employees at Chinook Equipment Benefit From:
- Strong and competitive compensation plan
- Industry-leading Health and Dental benefits available that provides a wide range of coverage for you and your family; including coverage for: massage, physio, acupuncture, orthodontic, and so much more!
- The option for a Health Spending OR Wellness Account after 2 years of service
- RRSP program that is employer matched after 1 year of service
- We offer Flex Days on top of Vacation so that you don’t have to worry about your income or waste vacation days if you’re sick or need to attend appointments
- Travel Reward Program that allows you to travel on us beginning at 5 years of service
- Deep community roots, family oriented and friendly workplace which values employees
Make the best step in your career and showcase your potential at Chinook Equipment!