General Accountant - 24 Month Full Time Position
With over $6 billion of capital raised across the ARC Energy Funds, ARC Financial Corp. is Canada’s largest energy focused private equity manager. ARC is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Finance & Administration Team in the role of General Accountant. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and professional environment and be a part of a leading, energy-focused private equity investment firm that has a challenging, fast-paced, multi-dimensional and growing business with a long-term focus.
The candidate will report directly to the Corporate Controller and work closely with other members of the Finance & Administration Team as well as across the organization. The potential for a permanent position will be assessed at the end of the 24 month term.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage accounts payable process including receiving, organizing, and coding vendor invoices, credit card transactions and employee expenses
- Assist with vendor payment process, including cheque printing and/or electronic payment with appropriate backup on a timely basis
- Answer all vendor queries in a timely and professional manner and ensure all vendor accounts are current and orderly
- Manage accounts receivable process including compiling information, preparing invoices, reconciling payments and monitoring balances
- Prepare and enter journal entries in the accounting system for numerous entities within a complex corporate structure, including miscellaneous transactions such as interest income, bank charges, intercompany, prepaids, accruals and others
- Prepare various reconciliations and reports including bank reconciliations, intercompany, prepaids, accruals and others
- Ongoing management of accounting data
- Liaise with other departments on cost tracking and invoicing
- Financial Reporting and Other
- Assist with month-end closing and reporting processes
- Assist with preparation of information and analysis of accounting data, as required
- Assist with interim and year-end audit preparation and queries
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget
- Prepare standalone financial statements for corporate entities
- Prepare GST/HST reconciliations and annual, monthly and quarterly GST/QST returns
- Prepare corporate resolutions
- Assist with preparation of tax returns (corporate and partnership)
- Assist with other duties and administrative support as required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma (focus in Accounting, is strongly preferred).
- Pursuing a Chartered Professional Accountant designation is desired.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Fundamental accounting knowledge
- Prior related experience (full cycle accounting experience is preferred)
- Prior intercompany accounting experience is an asset
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central, Jet reports and/or Allvue systems is an asset
- Quick learner with the ability to manage tasks and projects independently
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Confident, high achiever who takes initiative and focuses on getting the job done, accurately and completely with strong attention to detail
- Analytical, self-starter with curiosity to learn and grow
- Pro-active, positive, and goal-oriented with the ability to work openly, effectively and co-operatively within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external parties
- Professional attitude with demonstrated accountability for their work and the performance of the team. Dedication to continuous improvement of personal skills and work environment
Interested candidates should e-mail (no phone calls please) a resume and cover letter to HR@arcfinancial.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
For further information on ARC Financial please visit our website at www.arcfinancial.com.