Asset Management Accountant
- North American Construction Group
- $68,000 to $80,000 per annum
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, CPA Candidate, Non-member
- Job Type
- Full-time, Pre-Approved Program Employer
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels safe, valued, and respected. We recognize the talent, perspective, and creative force that diverse groups of people generate, and we encourage all people to express interest with us especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups who might hesitate before applying. If you require extra support in submitting interest on a role or throughout our interview process, please call us at 780-960-7171 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for assistance.
North American Construction Group acknowledges that we perform work on the Traditional Treaty 6 and 8 Territories, home to the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux and Nakota Sioux, and the Metis Nation of Alberta. We encourage members of those and all traditional lands to apply with us.
Come be apart of the North American family today!
he Asset Management Accountant Level II is responsible for the accounting and analysis of equipment costs and capital transactions and assistance with an annual audit and internal controls testing. The role works closely with internal departments to ensure the accurate capture of expense and revenue transactions in compliance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”), internal controls, policies, and procedures. It manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, coordinates with auditors, and prepares analysis for internal and external reporting requirements.
NACG financials are publicly listed and are prepared in accordance with US GAAP with common shares traded on the New York stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. NACG is a CPA Alberta Pre-Approved Program for practical experience.
Salary: $68,000 to $80,000 per annum. Plus, immediate access to benefits and our short-term incentive (bonus) program!
- Manage fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system, ensuring accuracy of capital costs.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of fixed asset acquisitions (AFE “gatekeeper”)
- Perform month end and quarter end closing activities including cost accruals, variance investigation, open PO analysis, margin analysis, fixed asset disposition and reconciliation of applicable balance sheet accounts.
- Manage movement in Asset Held for Sale.
- Accounting and analysis of central shops, ensuring accuracy of costs and revenue in compliance with US GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Support divisional activities for both internal and external reporting including preparation and maintenance of accounting documentation and reports.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting ensuring review and analysis of costs and accounting treatment.
- Assist Fleet Management in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of documentation and communicating with auditors during quarter end reviews and year end audits.
- Work with compliance team to ensure that controls and procedures are tested in compliance with company policies.
- Support other special projects and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Implement a program of continual process improvements.
- Minimum three years’ experience related to financial accounting, cost accounting and analysis.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional three years’ experience related to financial accounting.
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience including Fixed Asset accounting preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think from multiple perspectives.
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the direct managers and other stakeholders.
- Solid accounting and SOX knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
The Rewards of our positions include: competitive compensation and benefits packages and excellent career growth prospects
To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.
Please no phone calls from agencies, we will contact you directly if we require assitance.