CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The GoodStoney First Nation is approximately 30 minutes from the City of Calgary located in Mini Thni (Morley) Alberta, amongst the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled accountant to join our team.
Accountable to the Goodstoney First Nation CEO, the Goodstoney CFO plans, organizes and directs the financial and budget process for the Goodstoney First Nation which, includes but is not limited to financial reporting, and the management of the day-to-day accounting and business activities of the Goodstoney First Nation which includes Big Horn Medical.
- Coordinates fiscal operations and budget preparation for the GFN departments; analyzes and prepares financial forecasting documents and reports; consults with CEO and the GFN Program Managers on budget needs and limitations; prepares and distribute budget information to the GFN Chief and Council, STA CFO and CEO, and other stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes organizational and operational responsibilities and needs; makes recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of operational budgets.
- Liaise with STA CFO and CEOs to ensure revenues and or intercompany expenses due to or from GFN are recorded and accounted for. Processes incoming revenue, receives all cash and cheques from all sources where the monies come firstly to GFN as well as remittance summaries with receipts from custodians; codes all revenue for general ledger posting; reconciles income and submits same to STA.
- Coordinates and controls monthly receivables activity, ensuring that billing, collection, and reporting activities occur by the specified deadlines.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Manage GFN financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaise with auditors to ensure annual audit is carried out;
- Monitor budgets within GFN (includes staff and purchasing, inventory control, and review approved budgeted actions).
- Provides interface between the GFN and STA to facilitate and act on financial, administrative and personnel actions, resolve problems and ensure compliance with applicable to SNN policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the GL recommendations
- Payroll administration within the GFN
- Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & REQUIREMENTS
- CPA Designation
- At least five years experience as an accountant, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Clear criminal record check
- Reliable transportation
- Starting Salary - $100,000; negotiable based on education and experience
- Employee Group Benefits
- Registered Pension Plan (Defined Contribution)
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Stoney Nakoda Nation
c/o Stoney Nakoda Human Resources
This opportunity will remain open until appropriate candidates are found. We thank all applicants for their interest n but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Audit Committee - Public Member Volunteer Opportu…
The Northland School Division
Assistant Controller – Budget and Financial Plann…
City of Spruce Grove
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Parkland County Center
Volunteer Board Members / Treasurer
Millarville Racing and Agricultural