Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Investor Relations
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels safe, valued, and respected. We recognize the talent, perspective, and creative force that diverse groups of people generate, and we encourage all people to express interest with us especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups who might hesitate before applying. If you require extra support in submitting interest on a role or throughout our interview process, please call us at 780-960-7171 or email us at email@example.com to ask for assistance.
North American Construction Group acknowledges that we perform work on the Traditional Treaty 6 and 8 Territories, home to the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux and Nakota Sioux, and the Metis Nation of Alberta. We encourage members of those and all traditional lands to apply with us.
Become a member of the North American family today!
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning the Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for developing key strategic business models and analysis while leading the coordination of activities for the company’s financial planning functions. Leads the preparation of the annual company budget and monthly forecasting. This role also plays a key part in investor relations.
Salary: $84,034.00 to $101,335.00 per annum *salary under review
- Coordinate and lead company’s consolidated budgeting and forecasting process, populating three statement financials, adjusted EBITDA, free cash flow, capex, ROI, debt ratios, EPS, and other financial and operational KPI’s
- Build professional presentation materials to clearly communicate forecast updates and annual plan. Including operational data, and various graphs including waterfalls with corresponding commentary to help tell the story.
- Develop financial models and special budget reports for the company’s executive, board, bank, and credit agreement needs
- Lead the simplification and automation of the company’s financial planning process
- Align with operations to provide real-time forecasting updates
- Prepare monthly forecast reporting packages. Highlight business performance vs plan and provide commentary
- Monitor industry reporting trends, develop graphs to help tell the story
- Assists with capital expenditure approval process, including the review of financial costs and returns.
- Develop capital budgeting templates and review opportunities. Calculate EBITDA, NPV, IRR payback and other key metrics.
- Review business cases and provide recommendations.
- Lead the development of new reports as required in the Company’s reporting system
- Support other special projects and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Provide timely responses to operations requests
- Work with other departments in the development and implementation of improved processes and controls to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Conduct due diligence and integration planning for acquisitions.
- Ad hoc analytics and modelling as required
- Support the project accounting and analyst group as needed.
- Overseeing the development and publication of all investor relations documents (earnings release, annual report, IR website, investor presentation, fact sheet, analyst report summary)
- Analyzing company financials and prepare key conclusions to be communicated to investors
- Monitoring feedback from the financial community and development of key messages to be communicated to investors
- Planning and executing investor relations events (quarterly investor conference calls, roadshows, investor days, annual meeting, site tours)
- Researching and monitoring investor relations trends and best practices.
- Monitoring and analyzing trading statistics, ownership, analyst reports, peer comparisons and investor perceptions; prepare IR reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in strategic, business, accounting or financial planning and analysis roles
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling and/or business valuation
- Bachelor's degree related to Business or Finance, or equivalent experience
- CPA designation required, additionally a CFA or MBA is an asset
- Mining or construction industry background preferred
- Public company experience an asset
- Experience quantifying and reporting business performance
- Extensive experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Previous exposure and understanding of both operational and financial aspects of business preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent financial analysis and modeling using excel spreadsheets
- Ability to analyze operating and financial data and prepare reports and projections
- Strong analytical skills
- Good organization skills, able to work independently, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of NACG's business
- Strong computer skills with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with JD Edwards would be considered an asset