Manager Financial Reporting- Part Time
Wilmington Capital Management Inc. (TSX: WCM.A/B) is a public investment and asset management company invested in niche real estate (marinas, self-storage and recreational resorts) and energy businesses. Wilmington is currently in a growth stage seeking to add to its existing investments and invest in new opportunities. It provides employees with an interdisciplinary environment requiring multitasking experience.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting. This is a permanent part time position based in Calgary reporting to the Managing Partner and VP Finance.
- Prepare all aspects of accounting, reporting and public company compliance requirements including:
- quarterly reporting packages and related working papers/journal entries
- financial accounting entries and calculations such as stock-based compensation, current and deferred tax
- annual and quarterly financial statements and note disclosures
- annual and quarterly MD&A and news release
- assist with the preparation of the annual information form and management circular
- review of payments and directly assist in banking matters
- attendance at audit committee meetings
- Research and document accounting position papers for recent or upcoming accounting standards in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”)
- Liaise with external auditors
- Co-ordinate preparation of tax returns with tax consultant
Investee Entity Responsibilities
- Liaise will all investees accounting departments and provide support to the investees as needed including preparation of stand-alone financial statements
- Provide financial information and analysis on an as needed basis to management
- Prepare annual and quarterly bank covenant calculations
- Professional designation in accounting is required – CPA, CA. No exceptions.
- A minimum of five years of experience.
- Motivated individual with strong communication and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic complemented with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency at MS Office applications, specifically Excel
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information regarding Wilmington can be found on sedar.com
More search results
Audit Committee - Public Member Volunteer Opportu…
The Northland School Division
Financial Reporting Analyst
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
Town of Rocky Mountain House
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Senior Accountant / Manager
Metrix Group LLP